PDA

View Full Version : dem pres cand. under death threat

brad
11-01-2003, 02:02 PM
KING: ...when he -- when the current president is criticized than when the husband was criticized?

BUSH: Right.

KING: How do you explain it -- motherly?

BUSH: Motherly. And fatherly. I mean, that's just a normal reaction.

But the same would be true if something happened that was difficult for Jeb or for Doro or Neil or Marvin. And you can criticize me, but don't criticize my children and don't criticize my daughters-in-law and don't criticize my husband, or you're dead.

--------------------------
http://www.infowars.com/print/misc/barb_threat.htm

Barbara Bush Threatens Democratic Presidential Candidates

Barbara Bush:" you can criticize me, but don't criticize my children and don't criticize my daughters-in-law and don't criticize my husband, or you're dead."

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
Interview With Barbara Bush
Aired October 22, 2003 - 21:00 ET

For the full transcript of this interview go to: http://www.cnn.tv/TRANSCRIPTS/0310/22/lkl.00.html -- otherwise scroll down to read the quote in context

LARRY KING, CNN HOST: Tonight, Barbara Bush, the former first lady and current president's mother, her first live TV interview for her new memoir, "Reflections: Life After the White House." She's here for the hour, in-depth and personal. The one and only Barbara Bush is next on LARRY KING LIVE.
We're at the beautiful Houstonian Hotel in Houston, Texas, the home for six months of the year for Barbara Bush and her husband, the former President George Bush. She's the author of a terrific new memoir, "Barbara Bush: Reflections: Life After the White house." There you see its cover. Published by Scribner.

She is our own living Abigail Adams, wife of a president, mother of a president.

Why did you write this?

BARBARA BUSH, FMR. FIRST LADY: Well, I wrote it because I keep a diary. And I wrote it because people ask us all the time, What happens to old presidents and what do they do? Well, that's a good question. George Bush does everything.

KING: I know. I had lunch with him today in between traveling somewhere.

BUSH: That's right. He makes my life sing. And a lot of funny things happen. A lot of good things happen. And I keep a diary, so it's not too hard.

KING: Have you always been a diarykeeper?

BUSH: Pretty much. Or write long letters and keep them, using that sort of as a diary.

KING: Do you look back often at what you wrote 10 years...

BUSH: No. No -- and I'm sort of surprised. I forget, needless to say.

But what it really reminds me, Larry, is that I'm the world's luckiest woman. I've had the most wonderful experiences, and I -- one day, I woke up, and I looked at the television. I had met, in the two hours of whatever morning show I was watching -- I'd met every single person on that show except for Yasser Arafat, who I then later met.

I mean, George Bush has brought me that kind of life. So it was sort of fun to write.

KING: Blessings.

BUSH: That's right.

KING: You -- it has been said in the "Newsweek" article that they had to take quite a few things out of the book.

BUSH: I read that, and now -- that really wasn't quite true. They were protecting me from being sued. But...

KING: Were you pretty rough on some people?

BUSH: No, I really wasn't. But they just wanted to be sure that -- today is such a suing world. And having written a book 10 years ago, when nobody hardly mentioned being sued, suddenly -- are you sure that's true? And I said, no, I'm not sure it's true, but it's true according to my diary. And we were very -- we checked our facts very carefully.

I thought that was sort of a funny statement because, in truth, I don't really think that was (UNINTELLIGIBLE).

KING: And you can also -- I mean, you're critical of some people. And you can have opinions about them.

KING: You wouldn't be Barbara Bush without opinions, would you?

BUSH: No. You wouldn't be Larry without opinions, would you, Larry?

KING: You have to have them. How else do we exist?

KING: You have to have opinions. But you don't slander anybody.

BUSH: No, I don't think so.

KING: All right.

Your recent comments on the Democratic presidential...

BUSH: Isn't that funny? I knew that was going to come up.

KING: Oh, I want to discuss a lot of things. You said so far, they're a pretty sorry group.

BUSH: Well, you know, mothers are allowed to be proud of their sons. And it gets a little old when 10 grown men run around the country not talking about what they're going to do, but knocking my precious, courageous, brilliant son. That's a mother speaking.

KING: What's the biggest difference from being the husband -- being the wife of a president and the mother of a president?

BUSH: Well, first of all, you have to watch the father of the president suffer. And it hurts when your children are criticized. It hurts a lot.

KING: He takes it badly?

BUSH: He and I both do. He -- he curses, and I grit my teeth.

But, no, he really -- he knows that's the name of the game. But it gets pretty ugly.

KING: But was it harder for you...

BUSH: Much.

KING: ...when he -- when the current president is criticized than when the husband was criticized?

BUSH: Right.

KING: How do you explain it -- motherly?

BUSH: Motherly. And fatherly. I mean, that's just a normal reaction.

But the same would be true if something happened that was difficult for Jeb or for Doro or Neil or Marvin. And you can criticize me, but don't criticize my children and don't criticize my daughters-in-law and don't criticize my husband, or you're dead.

brad
11-03-2003, 10:27 PM
what do u think would happen to us if we went on tv and said if they critize our family 'they are dead'.

p.s. pres contenders since rfk have enjoyed secret service protection

andyfox
11-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Do you know how do they determine who is eligible for Secret Service protection? Do you have to be at a certain % in the Gallup poll? There must be hundreds of people running for president.

nicky g
11-04-2003, 01:24 PM
I dunno but they gave it to Senator Palmer when he was running for office in the first series of 24.

Which leads me neatly into (OK OK I admit the above information is completely useless and irrelevant) asking whether anyone's been watching the 3rd series of 24 which I hear has now started in the States? How does it look? Am I the only 24 fan on the forum? Have I totally discredited myself now by confessing to my secret passion, or am I long past that?

Wake up CALL
11-04-2003, 01:57 PM
NickyG,

I too am a fan of 24. The first episode was aired last week, it has great potential. I don't know if you can replay a VCR tape recorded in the US format but if so I'd be happy to tape a few American shows for you and ship the tapes. Just let me know if you want.........

Wake

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Seriously, you don't think she meant it literally, do you?

Ray Zee
11-04-2003, 02:18 PM
no, it wasnt literal but something people just say as an expression. or maybe since senior bush was head of the cia there is something to it as thats standard fare.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-04-2003, 02:55 PM
If it were even 1% literal, Ross Perot would have been history long ago.

Ulysses
11-04-2003, 05:14 PM
I thought the first season was great. I thought the second season was a little underwhelming, especially the last couple of episodes.

The first episode of this season looked very promising. For anyone in the States that cares, they are re-running the first episode before this week's regular episode tonight.

brad
11-04-2003, 08:13 PM
well what do u think she meant? personally i think she meant dead in a professional sense (notice larry king didnt touch it), like any journalist who attacked would be blackballed or something.

anyway, there was a guy in minnesota or someting who when bush was visiting told a joke in a bar about a 'burning bush' and was arrested by secret service and spent time in jail, having been convicted of threats. (i posted it here im pretty sure).

brad
11-04-2003, 08:18 PM
hey andy why dont u file? heh.

i'll canvass for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

brad
11-04-2003, 08:20 PM
you mean the show which advocates torture and stuff? do u watch it to take note of the propaganda methods?