PDA

View Full Version : This seems obvious, but I just want to make sure.

Nottom
11-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Very early in an online tourney (actually my first hand, since I was a bit late showing up). Stacks are pretty much all around the starting 1000. Blinds are 10/20

I'm dealt Black 10s in EP and limp, 4 total see the flop of:

6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pot is 90. I bet 100. Folded to LP who goes all-in and has me covered. Folded back to me.

My chips should instantly be in the pot correct? Should have have just gone all-in on the flop at this point in the tourney? I was planning on going all-in on the turn if called and a diamond didn't appear.

CrisBrown
11-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Hi nottom,

Yes, definitely call the all-in. You have 2nd set and it's hugely unlikely that he has AA.

BTW, I might well have moved in at the flop regardless, or at least put in a 2 x Pot bet. With two diamonds on board, I don't want to give someone favorable odds to chase that diamond flush. If you bet twice the pot (say, 200), an opponent on a diamond draw is getting only 3:2 pot odds on a 3:1 drawing hand, and an A-high diamond draw is still not getting sufficient pot odds to justify the call.

Cris