PDA

View Full Version : 24 SB in the pot Pre-Flop and Im holding AA

Redhotman
11-01-2003, 01:51 PM
3/6 AA UTG+1
UTG is a rock. MP is loose...Game is typical

UTG Raises, I call (Should I have raised right here?), MP calls, LP calls, LP calls, SB 3 bets, UTG caps it, all call. 24 SB in pot

FLOP
T 9 7 Rainbow
SB bets, UTG Raises, I 3 bet, UTG+1 calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

TURN
I bet, MP calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

RIVER
T
Its checked to MP who bets, we call.

He turns over KTs.

How did I play?

Eihli
11-01-2003, 01:56 PM
3 BET IT PREFLOP!!!

Do you think MP would have called 3 bets with KTs? I highly doubt it and I think that cost you the pot.

Other than that, the rest of the hand played itself out.

Mike Gallo
11-01-2003, 01:57 PM
Preflop I think I might have reraised. Did you choose to call for deception?

How did I play?

Until you got rivered, not bad. I would have reraised preflop. You put your opponent in a position to win the hand.

Redhotman
11-01-2003, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I think I might have reraised. Did you choose to call for deception?

How did I play?

Until you got rivered, not bad. I would have reraised preflop. You put your opponent in a position to win the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right...Should have called flop and then reraised on turn making it 12 to him to call. I remember this from HEFAP. (i dont think i really lost to much though because he would ahve probally called anyways.)

MG- Would you raise in this position or use deception? Do you have to lock others out, or should you welcome someone calling KTs? Of course you dont want 4 people calling, I wasnt expecting that.....

Nottom
11-01-2003, 02:06 PM
I think the 3-bet preflop is almost automatic, but it certainly worked out since you really con't complain about having 6 to the flop in a capped pot with AA and no one having any clue that you have a big hand.

After you see the flop, I think you are correct in waiting till the turn to raise in such a big pot after its already 2 bets to you. Although I don't think it would have changed the results in this case.

Mike Gallo
11-01-2003, 07:23 PM
MG- Would you raise in this position or use deception? Do you have to lock others out, or should you welcome someone calling KTs? Of course you dont want 4 people calling, I wasnt expecting that.....

Redhotman,

I do not mind 5 people calling my three bet with Aces.

I have called at times with big pocket pair for deception. Take this scenario, a maniac open raises you have a player to act behind you who you know will fold if you reraise but reraise if you just call. You have a chance to cap preflop here.

Stop getting fancy and play solid A-B-C poker.

rkiray
11-01-2003, 07:36 PM
The only reason I would not raise preflop is if I was almost sure someone else would raise so I could limp reraise. Was that your plan? Based on this hand, that would be a reasonable play for this table.