PDA

View Full Version : O8 pot limit Party tourny 20 +2 buy in

Schmed
11-01-2003, 12:55 PM
26 left out of 196, 20-11 get paid 39, I forget the rest of the payouts except really the only people making any decent money are the top 3.

I am the 2nd low stack out of 26 with 1260 chips. The short stack was the player sitting on my left with 385. Blinds are 300-600. The fat stack was approx 12k, the avg stack was around 5k. Really the chips were pretty well distributed among the rest of the players. In looking at the other 2 tables the stack shortest after mine was around 2800.

I am utg +1 and get A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I push all of my chips and get called by an LP player all else fold.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

Turn Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

River K /images/graemlins/club.gif

I lose the, LP player had pocket K's giving him trips.

My thinking was, I could go ahead and ride out the blinds and maybe sneak in to the top 20 and at least get my buy in along with a little extra back. My problem with that is I could play a sit n go and make 16 bucks. This entire last orbit I had made up my mind that when I get a hand that can work multiple ways I am going to push. There is a chance that everyone folds and I get the blinds, best case I could double up or maybe better and get in to contention for placing in the top 10 and maybe better. After all the chips were evenly distributed for the most part. In looking at the other tables it appeared that the vast majority of players had around 4k in chips and if I could get in there and play good poker I felt I could maybe make the top 5. in the end it didn't work out and I do wonder if my thinking/poker thinking was right here.

Bozeman
11-01-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't think there is any way you can sneak into the money here. And 10-20 is not that big compared to even 4-9, so you should absolutely make a move with a hand this good. However, I think you should have made a move earlier, before your stack got to 2xBB, if at all possible (as in, even with a worse hand than this).

Craig

Schmed
11-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks, I had been looking for something to make a move for 2 orbits and I really was getting cold cards. I'm kind of opposed to pushing without something that works a couple of ways with an A and a wheel card.

A hand that I was dissappointed im myself for not calling in that tourny was I has 2345 utg and I mucked. I would have won the whole thing with a str8 to the 8 and a low. In my defense I didn't like my position, the blinds were like 100/200, and I didn't want to risk my chips without the A workin.....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...

thanks for your reply