PDA

View Full Version : New SnG feature at Party

Inthacup
11-01-2003, 12:24 PM
I noticed today that Party has changed the starting chips at the 50+5 and up SnG tourneys. I just started a 50+5 and we got 1000 in starting chips. I was watching the 30+3s and noticed that they only start with 800 in chips. I'm wondering if Party is doing this to all SnGs or just the high limit ones. I love the extra 200 in chips. It's very nice.

Cup

Wake up CALL
11-01-2003, 01:02 PM
I just played a 5+1 and a 30+3 sit n go this morning Cup and only got 800 Tchips in P/L holdem. What type of game did you play?

Wake

Inthacup
11-01-2003, 01:13 PM
I noticed it because I was playing in a 50+5 limit HE SnG. I also noticed that the 30+3s and below still started with only 800. I don't really understand why they would bump up some and not others.

lorinda
11-01-2003, 01:18 PM
I don't really understand why they would bump up some and not others.

Possibly it is so they can justify taking bigger rake on some games than others?
Also it might encourage some $33 players to step up, it is customary in larger multi table tourneys to offer more chips, I assume they are trying to keep SNGs in line or something.

The mind of Partly Poker is a strange one, but this move seems vaguely reasonable.

Just some random thoughts.

Lori

Inthacup
11-01-2003, 01:49 PM
That's an interesting point. I assumed that they bumped it up to make it less of a crap shoot. If this is the reason, I can't see why they wouldn't do it across the board.

However, if they did it to motivate players to play higher limits, that would make some sense.

Cup

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 02:21 PM
It's good to see all my emails to Lucy regarding flaws in their SnG's have not been in vain. Good for them.

mrbaseball
11-01-2003, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see why they wouldn't do it across the board

[/ QUOTE ]

Making it uniform would make sense. But... The lower limit sng's are always full so I guess they figure they can churn the lower limits. Less chips means faster conclusion and more money per hour for them. I hate Party sng's and rarely play them anyway. This just smacks of churning your customer and doesn't sit well with me.

Gaming Club
11-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Cup,

We're hurt /images/graemlins/wink.gif ... all our SnG's have been giving 1000 chips to start for longer than we can remember, at all buy-in levels (not just the higher ones)