PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands at partypoker 1/2

Eihli
11-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Hand 1:
I'm in MP with TT.
2 calls to me, I call (raise?), CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB raises. It's called around to the button who 3 bets, all call.
Flop: Ts 5c 8h
Blinds check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, I raise, button 3 bets, UTG and I call.
Turn: 6s
UTG checks, I bet, button raises, UTG folds, I 3 bet, button caps.
River: 5d
I bet, and we cap it again.

Hand 2 is nothing special... Just a common situation I'm curious about.
I have ATs in CO and it's folded to me, I raise and BB calls
Flop: 9s Tc Qh
he checks, i bet, he calls
Turn: 9h
he checks, I check.
River: 6h
he bets, I call.

Guido
11-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Hand 1:
I think you have to raise this hand preflop. On the flop I would cap, you have the best hand and you want to charge the draws. Then you should bet out and if he raises you again, just call him down. I think he has two pair or a set but he could hold 79.

Hand 2: Bet the turn and fold to a raise. If he just calls, I would probably check behind on the river.

Thanks,

Guido

Mike Gallo
11-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Hand one:

You should have raised preflop. I think you played the rest of the hand fine.

Hand Two:

I think you played it fine also.

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Hand 1: Raise preflop. Other than that it looks good. Your opponent looks to have flopped a set. Hopefully it's not 55. On a side note: Online they have a 4 bet cap on betting, but in live play there's often no cap headsup. How far would you have gone with your nut boat with no cap on the river?

Hand 2: You played it fine. I probably would've bet the turn and checked the river, but the way you played it is perfectly fine.

Eihli
11-01-2003, 11:28 PM
I'm still a ways away from being old enough to play live and have no idea what a reasonable amount of re-raising in a heads up pot here would be. I think it would depend a lot on how this player plays. And I think I'd have hit 10 or 11 bets before I called down this player. He was very loose/aggressive.

BTW, he had 79s.

Guido
11-02-2003, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, he had 79s.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I would slow down.

Thanks,

Guido

Eihli
11-02-2003, 01:43 PM
I had never seen 79s limp-reraised preflop. I thought was overplaying AA the whole time.

Guido
11-02-2003, 04:12 PM
When I'm in the button with 79s or 8Ts and there are a lot of callers and the was no raise, I think it's right to limp. If he had AA he should have raised preflop. You must be able to fold these hands if you don't hit your straight.

Eihli
11-02-2003, 04:36 PM
But he limp re-raised.

banditbdl
11-02-2003, 04:50 PM
I've noticed there is a minor outbreak of these bizarre limp-reraises at Party lately. The trickier fish like to think they can bluff their way into the pot by making this play to represent the AA or KK. The problem is they don't take into account that they're creating a big pot which means they're gonna have to beat at least one possibly more players at the showdown.