PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Club tournaments

ramjam
11-01-2003, 06:52 AM
I have started to recce at Gaming Club. As I think has been mentioned here before, it appears to present a cornucopia of freerolls and added value tourneys.

I played 50 ring game hands yesterday (in quite fishy company) and this qualified me for a $3,000 freeroll at 1am EST/6am GMT this morning. While playing there last night I noticed that the $100,000-guaranteed $220-buy-in monthly no limit final was in progress. There were (I think) 290 entrants. This represented a mind-boggling $36,000 of added dead money (or over $100 of EV per entrant).

Anyway, I didn't wake up this morning till 7.30am. I had left by computer turned on and logged in and it greeted me good morning with a lot of enthusiastic beeping. Bleary-eyed and without the aid of caffeine, I managed to perceive that I was still in the tourney, having outlasted about 600 of the 939 entrants, with 630 of my 1,000 starting chips still in front of me. Unfortunately (and I've no idea how the blind structure works), 400 of them were soon going in on the BB with J3s. A lot of checking and a 3 on the river allowed me to move into profit for the first time. Another hour or so of ups and downs and I came in 24th and earned the princely sum of $10. The prize structure seems designed to encourage mass participation - the first $260 places paid from $4 up (with about $1,000 going to the top 3 finishers).

For the moment, the water seems fine. Unfortunately, the OIC may lead to a big increase in shark attacks.

Drunk Bob
11-01-2003, 07:06 AM
better watch out you don't get auto- folded.

Some_Guy
11-01-2003, 12:04 PM
I'm sure once he missed taking an action on a hand that's exactly what happened. That's the why the software works.

JP

Gaming Club
11-02-2003, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I managed to perceive that I was still in the tourney, having outlasted about 600 of the 939 entrants, with 630 of my 1,000 starting chips still in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
We've seen this happen a number of times -- with relatively conservative play you can survive quite a long time in these freerolls.

[ QUOTE ]

I came in 24th and earned the princely sum of $10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Congrats .. don't spend it all at once /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The prize structure seems designed to encourage mass participation - the first $260 places paid from $4 up (with about $1,000 going to the top 3 finishers).

[/ QUOTE ]
100% correct. The aim is to keep the fish interested, and also to give at least some of them something to take back to the ring games, which (in theory at least) helps feed the sharks

[ QUOTE ]

For the moment, the water seems fine. Unfortunately, the OIC may lead to a big increase in shark attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
We'll start chumming the water immediately /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gaming Club
11-02-2003, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
better watch out you don't get auto- folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't respond quick enough you will be, but you can come back at any time and put yourself back in play