PDA

View Full Version : Got my ducks in a row.

BigEndian
11-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Anyone slow-play this? I didn't see a reason to, especially since one of the players is well known for playing any-two.

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
Hero has 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP3

MP1 limps, Hero limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(4 SB): 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 folds

- Groove

BigEndian
11-01-2003, 01:45 AM
Btw Guy, I like your table image. Mines a little too straight and narrow. I need to work on that.

- Groove

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 01:56 AM
If this is from your current session, there is absolutely no reason to slow-play your set here. The guy sitting 2 seats to your right will play back at you with any draw or pair, frequently using check-raises to try and push you off of your "obvious" bluff. Ram and jam, baby!

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 01:58 AM
You should've seen me earlier when ThingDo was there. I was setting half the table on tilt with my chat. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: Speaking of which...I've always wondered how much EV there is to be gained by certain methods of chatting online. This was the first time I had experimented with using chat to my advantage, and I think it worked quite well on several players at the table. I'm just wondering if somebody could perfect a method of doing this. I'm sure it would have to be someone well-versed in psychology.

tj00
11-01-2003, 02:43 AM
I would not slowplay here.

Side Note;

GOT you played on one of my 2/4 tables today, you did not seem too chatty. I think people are to unpredictable to be manipulated with a chat box IMO.

gonores
11-01-2003, 03:27 AM
Even if whatever chat you were using had class (I'm not sure what you were saying, so I can't accuse you one way or another), I'm sure there are better ways to add EV to your game, especially considering the risk you take of driving away players you want at the table. I'm sure you have read plenty of articles and posts about keeping the table light and laid-back...why would you do the opposite? I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that the fact you are making players concentrate more on the game is going to hurt you more than the tilt is going to help you.

One thing is for sure...I would rather be a 3BB/table/hour player who is perceived as having some class than a 3.5BB/table/hour player (or a 5, 10, 100 BB/table/hour player) who is seen as a smack-talker. Once again, I'm in no position to judge as I have no evidence for or against you, but if you were talking trash or goading players, I gots no love for that. That's clearly in the grey area of angle-shooting.

[/soap box]

Doug

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 03:38 AM
There was nothing classless about what I was chatting. It wasn't putting down other players or rubbing wins in their faces or anything. My chat actually was keeping the mood light and in a "gamble it up" sort of attitude. It definitely didn't make them focus more on their game. I'm the first to speak up against table coaches or people berating fish.

Noodles
11-01-2003, 10:40 AM
I use chat when some guy catches an inside straight or a backdoor flush or someting he should have thrown away,instead of saying "nice hand" i say "well played" or something like that. I want them to keep playing badly.
I also try to joke and be nice to check raisers,you never know if they feel you are being "nice" to them they may take it easy on you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike Gallo
11-01-2003, 01:15 PM
I like the bet, someone might think you have bet an Ace and will call or raise you.

I would not slow play there at all.

Mike Gallo
11-01-2003, 01:17 PM
Gonores,

Excellent points. You can stay on the soap box for as long as you like.