PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 6's

Yeknom58
10-31-2003, 09:53 PM
party 5-10

Normal texture.

I have 66 UTG and limp, UTG+1 calls, EP raises, MP 3-bet, and Button caps, folded to me what do I do?

I'm fairly sure eveyone will call. Do I call or fold. I'm not sure what the correct move is and why? I don't really want to pay 15 to see a flop with 66 but on the other hand the pot will be huge and if I don't flop my set I can get away quickly. What if the button only 3-bet it and I only have to call 2?

Brian
10-31-2003, 11:44 PM
Hi Yeknom,

You know that I'm new to 5/10 but so far I have not been limping UTG with low pocket pairs. I don't know the exact texture of the game that you were playing in, but from the looks of it, it is very aggressive pre-Flop. I know you wouldn't have limped if most of the hands went like this, but I really haven't played in a 5/10 game yet where I have limped UTG. I've folded KJs UTG, A9s UTG, and 66 is just about borderline on the pocket pairs I would play. I might limp with 77 here, but generally when I am UTG in these types of games I want to be raising or folding.

Assuming everyone will call, you are getting 17:3 on your money, which is 5.5:1. You'll get paid off big time if you hit, so this means a call. However, if UTG+1 folds, and many players will call 1 bet but fold for 3, myself included, you are only getting 4.5:1, which is about the minimum you need to Flop a set.

If it were me, I would just fold it because I'd pull my hair out if I Flopped a set and lost /images/graemlins/smile.gif Odds-wise, if everyone comes along, then you are good. Does anyone know exactly what the EV is on this play if 1 player folds? I'd think it isn't very much in the positive, so I'd just fold and be done with it. If you're one who never passes on something that is +EV, then play it.

-Brian

me454555
10-31-2003, 11:52 PM
Fold and be done with it. When you've got to call 3 bets cold theres a good chance theres 2 other pocket pairs out there. That means you may flop a set and loose and you're probobly dominated to begin with. It's too risky. Pick a better spot to make your money.

Yeknom58
11-01-2003, 12:45 AM
UTG I'll generally fold KJs in most situations but mattering on the texture I would limp with A9s. The game at the time was pretty loosy goosy with 4-6 seeing the flop for 1 bet so I thought 66 was a good hand to be limping with.

I wasn't 100% sure UTG+1 would call so i guess this does make it a very close situation.

Just to end the story I called, and eveyone called. I missed my set and folded and KK won unimproved.

Yeknom58
11-01-2003, 12:53 AM
If dominated you mean a higer PP is out there I'm about 100 sure that's the case. But I think in all the sets i've every hit only once can I remember actually losing set over set. And I've only seen it personally 4 times ever so I don't really consider set over set in my pre-flop action.

I was just wondering what I should be doing in this situation and why. So you say fold because 3 bets is too much for a small PP. I can't say I disagree, I felt I had the odds but it just didn't feel right.

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 01:18 AM
UTG I'll generally fold KJs in most situations but mattering on the texture I would limp with A9s.

I'm exactly the opposite.

Yeknom58
11-01-2003, 01:34 AM
Why? The straight. I have problems playing KJs UTG I seem to always get burned. I flop 2 pair the straigt gets me, I flop K/J the Ace gets me. And my favorite I hit my flush the 4th suited card comes and I'm burned by the Ace again. So basically I'm saying with A9s post flop it's easier for me to play and with KJ I tend to get stuck. I just checked my P tracker stats and I've been dealt them 46/50 times and won 150 with A9s and 110 with KJs. So with my MASSIVE sample I think A9s is more profitable than KJs. Remember the MASSIVE sample does not lie.