PDA

View Full Version : Flopped full house

Germane
10-31-2003, 08:45 PM
Ultimate bet, 2-4. I'm in the small blind with K5o. 3 limpers. I complete. Big blind checks.

Flop: K 5 5.

I check, remembering that Sklansky/Malmuth said that a good time to slowplay is when you have all of the good cards. I figure one of these limpers will raise anyway.

Nope. Checked around. Turn: 10, putting 2 spades on the board. I check again, hoping someone with a 10 will try to pick it up or someone with Kx will bet this time around.

Nope. River: J of spades. Now theres' a potential straight and flush, as well as a J card someone might try to pick it up with. Now normally I'd bet here, but I figure by now someone must have something! Checked around and i pick up 9 bucks or something with my full house.

This one guy was giving me heat about my play for the next
half hour. Was it that bad? In retrospect, I think I should've bet the river. But man, my position was so bad. I can't believe nobody ever bet.

All thoughts appreciated.

wayabvpar
10-31-2003, 08:54 PM
I would bet the river here...at least 1 of these guys will call to prevent a steal, especially if they made any kind of hand along the way. Even if you check, then take it down after everyone checks, the profit is the same as if you had bet and chased everyone out of the pot. Only reason to check here (IMHO) is to show of your flopped boat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bdypdx
10-31-2003, 08:56 PM
Preflop: Fold

Flop: That flop likely didn't help anyone else, so check raising probably won't work. So bet out.

Turn: Bet here. Especially since you didn't get any action on the flop.

River: Bet here too.

Mike Gallo
10-31-2003, 09:33 PM
Bet out on all streets.

I could understand not raising ,however I cannot understand not betting .

You completed with a very marginal hand and did not get paid for your efforts. You lost money on this hand. Next time jam away.

SoCalPat
10-31-2003, 09:37 PM
I'd check the flop, if only for the fact that I'd be kicking myself if everyone folded.

But when the turn brings about all sorts of draws, you have to bet here. The big draws will gladly pay one bet, and might even raise you and give you the chance to make it 3 bets and trap anyone else in between.

Yes, you want someone to make a 2nd best hand, but your check on the flop and turn bet (they'll likely put you on just kings here) is telling your opponents that they're drawing to the best hand. If that's the case, get some more $$$ out of them and bet.

You might also have the case 5 out there with a weak kicker who's putting you on a steal after the flop was checked around.

And of course, when you bet the turn, you have to bet the river.

One more thing ... the only time I'd play K5o from the SB is if 6 or 7 players are taking the flop before me. You should have folded here.

BigEndian
10-31-2003, 09:43 PM
This one guy was giving me heat about my play for the next half hour

Your play was bad, but never let peoples comments bother you. Check the flop, bet all other streets.

- Groove

Yeknom58
10-31-2003, 10:08 PM
I would bet out on all streets. The flush draw is going to come along on the ride no matter what and probably all small PP's but they probably won't bet their hands either. Also, by betting out, many people will NOT put you on such a strong hand.

Ulysses
10-31-2003, 10:52 PM
You know how you sometimes flop a really good hand and then get rivered and when you see their cards you're like how did these bozos call me all the way to the river with that garbage?

Bet.

GoSox
10-31-2003, 11:41 PM
First three times I tried to slow play the same thing happened to me. Now I at least bet small in NL on the flop and river to make sure I get something, and then on the river go big. Seems like whenever you get the best hands is when everyone else gets ready to run. Mediocre hand, everyone seems to want to stay in and draw on you.

JTG51
11-01-2003, 12:15 AM
The biggest mistake, by far, your opponents at low limits make is calling too much. Way too much. They really, really like calling. If you don't bet, they can't call.