PDA

View Full Version : K3o

ThingDo
10-31-2003, 08:43 PM
Party 1/2 and I'm new to the table, so I post in the cutoff and I get the every so wonderful K3o. Folded to me and I check. Button folds SB completes and BB checks

Flop A35c I have the K of clubs. Checked to me I bet, both call.

Turn is the 4 of clubs. SB leads out BB calls I call.

River is a non club 7. SB checks BB bets out I raise SB calls 2 cold and BB folds.

Should I just raise the turn?

brian0729
10-31-2003, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I just raise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, YES, If you posted this hand correctly /images/graemlins/grin.gif then you have the nuts and perfect time to trap them for another bet each.

ThingDo
10-31-2003, 08:59 PM
I thought I could accomplish the same thing by raising the river... Right now I'm playing terrible poker... I'm posting hands so people can get me back on track.

Mike Gallo
10-31-2003, 09:27 PM
I thing you played it fine.

Waiting until the river to raise gained you an extra bet. The BB would not have called the raise on the turn or bet the river.

Next time play a good hand fast and your opponents will put you on a bluff because they saw you slow play.

crockpot
10-31-2003, 11:40 PM
first of all, i think you should raise preflop. for one bet you have a decent chance to steal 2.5 right away, and take control of the hand for a possible steal on the flop.

i think your postflop play is good. if SB is rational, he has the 2 or Q of clubs or is bluffing, and either way waiting until the river to raise seems better.