PDA

View Full Version : AKo hand

brian0729
10-31-2003, 07:04 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has Ad, Kc and is BB

UTG folds, EP1 folds, EP2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero raises, EP2 calls, SB folds

Flop(5 SB): Td, 8c, 9c

Hero bets, EP2 calls

Turn(3.5 BB): 5s

Hero checks, EP2 checks

River(3.5 BB): 4s

Hero bets, EP2 calls

I have these kinds of problems alot, is this a simple check fold on the river. I would have folded to a bet on the turn. The player in the hand is a basic a CS

Brian
10-31-2003, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't have bet Ace high here on the River. I would have played the rest of the hand the same way that you did except I would have bet the Turn to charge the drawing hands, and then check-called the River. If you check the Turn and he checks behind, I would still check the River and call a bet.

-Brian

brian0729
10-31-2003, 07:22 PM
I thought being heads up and him possibly on a draw that he might fold here. I hadnt played enough hands at the table to have a good read on him yet.

Brian
10-31-2003, 07:31 PM
Hi Brian,

You're right, if he was on a draw, he would have folded. However, what have you gained by betting? If your Ace high is better than his hand, he will fold. If it's not, he'll call you or raise you. I would check and call, hoping to induce a bluff from a draw that missed.

-Brian

brian0729
10-31-2003, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would check and call, hoping to induce a bluff from a draw that missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your exactly right. I have just started to be more aware of these situations and am working on this part of my game.