PDA

View Full Version : slavic the pacifist

slavic
10-31-2003, 06:45 PM
Break out the peace signs......

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif and is Button

UTG limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, Hero limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(6 SB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls

Turn(4.5 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, BB calls, Hero calls

River(7.5 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, BB calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero calls

brian0729
10-31-2003, 06:54 PM
Pre flop: fold

Rest of hand: I think you have to be more aggressive earlier. You let st8 draws get to the river cheaply. You know all of this, why the slowplay?

Homer
10-31-2003, 06:56 PM
Raise before the river.

-- Homer

GuyOnTilt
10-31-2003, 06:58 PM
I fold this preflop after 3 limpers. I'd either raise the flop or turn, take your pick, but I don't like waiting till the river on this board at all.

BigEndian
10-31-2003, 07:00 PM
Ditto. Ram 'n jam this puppy.

squiffy
Ok, I am taking back that RESPECT I gave you a few days ago.

rkiray
QTo and KTo are the two worst hands in hold'em IMO. I would only play them, even on the button, against one or two weak players. I definitely would raise either the flop or the turn. Is this a hand that you observed, not played?

slavic
11-01-2003, 02:30 AM
QTo on the button, I play quite a few marginal hands on the button for 1 bet on the right table texture. Did you see all those hands limp in and fold quickly on the flop? Weak tight to the max.

I didn't think anyone would like this play. I looked at it though and thought the SB either had a decent jack or a weak ten(and I out kick all but 3 hands). If it were only him I'd raise the turn and expect him to call it down, but the 3rd guy trapped in between makes it interesting. He's drawing or he has a jack that he's unsure of or an underpair that he thinks is better than whatever the SB is pushing. In any case I thought both of them were drawing real thin and getting a bet per round with a raise at the end would be just fine. Perhaps I'm playing to much NL lately always thinking of trapping.

The reraise was a little unexpected which is why I just called.

SB had JKo for top 2 pair on the river.

Now who knows what the other guy had but he did call a river bet so I'm sure he had a weak jack or a middle pair (J8, J9, ect).

JTG51
11-01-2003, 04:06 AM
You need to raise earlier (preferably the flop) so that you can be sure to catch BB for multiple bets. If he decides to fold 22, or Ax, or whatever junk he called with on the flop before you finally get around to raising, you've missed out on a lot of EV.