PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I need to get a life, but.......

10-09-2001, 12:28 PM
...I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

I've only recently gotten on-line but already I'm hooked. It's way cool to be able to share ideas with so many other knowledgable and experienced players. I've been playing about four years, the last two and half professionally. While I learned almost all of what I know about poker from books (almost exclusively 2+2 books), magazines, a few friends who were willing to help (to whom I'm sure I'll forever be grateful) and personal experience, it's great to have another resource.

I spend most of my time at Medium Stakes, both in my card-room and on this forum. The guys (and girls) in Medium Stakes probably already know how long-winded I can get, just wind me up and see if I don't try to analyze something to death('cept for the math parts, I'm too lazy, real glad that others have done/do it though). I haven't even checked out the other sites yet cuz I'm afraid it'll take up even more of my time. Good thing I don't have a lap-top (usually when I go play, I stay at a nearby motel to save about an hour of driving each way[hey, I said I was lazy])or I might not get enough sleep to play enough(my games only go from 1 or 3pm until 4:30am, boat closes, and no, I don't always play 'til close, but I do like to get there when the game starts). Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Two Plus Two and all the posters. Replies welcome but not necessary.

Thanks again,

Mike

BTW, a friend just told me that I might be posting this in the wrong forum. If so, I'm sorry (haven't quite figured out the cut and paste(?) thing yet and I'm way too lazy to try and retype this), won't happen again.

10-09-2001, 03:47 PM
"haven't quite figured out the cut and paste(?) thing yet"

Highlight the text you want to copy; go to edit; click copy; then go to where you want to copy the text and again go to edit and click paste. I'm almost a complete techno-peasant, so if I can do it, anyone can.

10-09-2001, 05:16 PM

10-10-2001, 03:55 AM

10-10-2001, 10:09 AM
So. You think you're long-winded, eh?

We'll see about THAT.

First you have to get by me, SmoothB, Tommy, David O, a few others, and let's not forget the Mighty Vince on his very own forum.

You analyze it to DEATH, We'll just keep beating that dead horse right back atcha! Go ahead. Make my day! Why don't you start with a discussion on playing AQo against an early position raise? Go ahead, open up THAT little box left to us by the lovely Pandora.... I DARE you!

You want to run with the big boyz, you gotta start ramblin' on... :-)

Dave in Cali

10-11-2001, 09:00 AM

10-11-2001, 11:46 AM
i met soccermike (suckermikeD) a couple weeks ago. watched him rake a pot. he watched me muck a hand a little while later...