PDA

View Full Version : Coming alive

salty
10-31-2003, 04:02 PM
UB 1-2

I am MP2 with 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

utg calls,utg 1 calls,utg3 calls,mp1 raises,I call,mp3 folds,co folds,button re raises,sb folds,utg calls,utg1 folds,utg3 folds,mp1 caps,I call (three more call)

5 to the flop.

First in relation to the initial cold call,I called because there were 2 calling stations behind me who never missed a flop so I figured there would be at least 7 callers to the initial raise ,after that with the re raise it was feeling like a mistake but I was going to take the flop and see what happened.

FLop:9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifj /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

YUMMY,checked to me I bet,fold,raise,call,call,I re raise,capped,call,fold,call.

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

hmmmmm......capper (BB) bets out,call,I call.

Here's the problem Ive just had a raise fest with this guy if I raise him here am I going to gain info?I dont have enough of a read on him to know for sure that he was capping the flop with a big flush draw.Do I need to be a bit more cavalier and bet like I am ahead or do i slow up and take down a smaller pot?

River:7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets,I call,I win.

Brian
10-31-2003, 04:11 PM
Don't cold call raises pre-Flop. It doesn't matter how many people limped before, or how many may come after, this is not a hand you should be cold-calling a raise pre-Flop with. The rest seems fine.

-Brian

Aces McGee
10-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Ack! There are two 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifs in the deck!

Assuming that the turn card paired the nine and put three hearts on board, I think you can raise once more on the turn. If he 3-bets, just call and call the river.

Also, you shouldn't be asking for this advice, because you shouldn't be in the hand. I don't like to play medium suited one-gappers for one bet, much less two.

Aces McGee

rkiray
10-31-2003, 04:22 PM
It's nice that so many people have limped in front of you. This would allow me to limp also, but no way I play these cards for 2 bets (although I might play T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif if the table was passive). I generally hate to fold preflop when I've already called 2, but I think I do when it comes back to me. I would ram and jam on the turn, but play it like you did on river.

Nottom
10-31-2003, 04:34 PM
I would have said hmmmm when the second 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif appeared as well.

salty
10-31-2003, 04:52 PM
ooops sorry re read notes that should read 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

sorry.

Aces McGee
10-31-2003, 05:03 PM
You mean the turn card is T /images/graemlins/heart.gif?

Aces McGee

salty
10-31-2003, 05:03 PM
fair enough I shouldnt be in the hand but what I am really asking is if you flop a straight and a scare card falls which makes someone become active do you proceed as if you are still in the lead ?

salty
10-31-2003, 05:05 PM
Yes the turn is 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Aces McGee
10-31-2003, 05:27 PM
I don't see a lot of 1/2 players capping with flush draws or gutshots, so I think it's safe to say you're still ahead here. I'd raise.

Another thing to consider is the caller between you and the big blind. You'd hate for him to get a look at a heart on the river for just one BB.

Aces McGee

Nottom
10-31-2003, 05:30 PM
With the T, I think you should raise the turn. Your one card straight is good here more often than not.