PDA

View Full Version : Not much I can do about this, right?

Glurfle
10-31-2003, 03:49 PM
Party $11 SnG. 4 players left, I've got 1200, short stack has around 800, other two around 2500 each. Blinds at 50/100. I raise to 300 with 99 UTG. BB, one of the big stacks, calls. Flop comes J97 rainbow, BB sets me all-in. I call and lose to the flopped straight.

I'm not getting good enough odds to call if he does have the straight, but I assume BB would make this bet with less than a straight. He's done it before to force a smaller stack to a decision on the flop, although I've never seen what he's betting with. I figured that I can't ask for much better than middle set. Right or wrong? I don't think I have what it takes to lay this down, although if I do, I'm still in 3rd chip position by a tiny margin.

Prickly Pete
10-31-2003, 03:54 PM
I don't care how tight they've been up to this point, if you flop a set of 9s with 4 players left in an $11 Party (or any $ level for that matter) SNG, and don't end up all in, there's a problem. Go in every time on that and fill up some times to win. When you lose, you curse and join the next tourney.

UMTerp
10-31-2003, 04:39 PM
Some people may stay you should've raised more preflop, but I'd have played it the exact same way, even the the T300 amount. Nothing at all you could've done postflop.

SoCalPat
11-01-2003, 12:18 AM
Agreed with everything that's said. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat and move on. Even considering laying this down, IMO, is a huge mistake. Only 8-10 and JJ have you beaten, and you've got outs against the former.

Tyler Durden
11-01-2003, 04:33 AM
You'd have to be institutionalized if you folded here.