PDA

View Full Version : Questionable 2/4 play

superpoe
10-31-2003, 03:45 PM
Typical loose PP 2/4 game.

Im in mp with AQo and raise one ep limper. Button coldcalls, both blinds come along and the limper calls.

Flop comes 7 10 2 rainbow. Blinds check and the ep limper bets. I decide to play this one aggressively and raise (comments?). Button and blinds coldcall and ep bettor calls.

Turn brings a J and completes the rainbow. Checked to me and I bet my overcards and gutshot. I think this is the correct play since I figure my overcards a probably good and broadway is good. Again, everyone calls.

River brings a K completing my hand. I bet and two call.

Did I play this hand correctly or was I way off base. Im trying to be more aggressive with my overcards because I used to ditch them when someone bet into me. Should I continue to raise them or just fold and go to the next hand?

Thanks

-j

Brian
10-31-2003, 04:01 PM
Hi superpoe,

You definitely played this hand too aggressively. For this person to bet into the pre-Flop raiser with 3 other people in the hand, he probably has at least a pair. For this play to work, you need everyone to fold (never happens), and the EP player to check to you on the next round, which means you will have bought yourself a free card with your raise. I think it's better to just call and peel one off, and then fold if you don't improve.

-Brian