PDA

View Full Version : To milk or not to milk

salty
10-31-2003, 03:31 PM
UB 1-2 table

Im in mp3 with 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

utg1 calls,utg2 calls,mp1 calls,mp2 folds,I call,co calls,button calls,sb completes,bb checks.

8 to see the flop.

flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

checked to me I bet,4 callers.

Turn:2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets,fold ,fold,I raise,button folds.

Heres the question,I knew my raise would more than likely make the button fold,should I have just called and milked another bet ?

Nottom
10-31-2003, 03:47 PM
Most players aren't folding a J, a 2, or a flush draw. Anything else he's probably folding anyway. I think you should go ahead and raise.

MaxPower
10-31-2003, 04:57 PM
Whenever there is a draw out there on the turn you should raise. Make them put the money in while they are drawing (even if they are drawing dead). You will almost always win more this way, because if they don't complete their draw they will fold the river and you won't win any more bets. If they make their draw they will pay you off and might even raise.

Homer
10-31-2003, 05:41 PM
Ditto the others. Raise the turn.

-- Homer

nykenny
10-31-2003, 05:48 PM
raise!

1) button might not call anyway
2) there is draw out there that might pay for the raise!
3) if you don't raise when you have a set, then what do you want to raise with? how are you ever going to put 4 bets in when you are ahead if you never put in the raise with the best hand?

kenny

salty
10-31-2003, 06:17 PM
I appreciate the thoughts on this , the reason I asked was because I would always raise in this scenario and I wanted to see if maybe I should consider a different strategy in times when I am sure my raise will cause a potential BB to fold.

So at what point do you milk ie:get as much in the pot as you(think you) know is possible.