PDA

View Full Version : Did I play ok? I am not sure...

t_perkin
10-31-2003, 03:19 PM
Ok here goes:

About 5 hands in to a 10+1 SnG I get dealt AA on the BB.
Someone in EP opens with a min raise, all fold to me. I bet T125. I figure I want to make a bit more than T75 on it, but niether do I believe in ever not raising rockets preflop.
He calls.
Flop comes: Tc, 3h, Kh
I bet 300 - if he want to draw then great, but I'm not letting him do it for free.
He folds. Fine - I am happy making T200 from rockets for minimum risk at this stage in the tournament.
If there had been a few more limpers I would have gone all in preflop. Lots of people figure you for some idiot in the early stages of these 10+1s and you usually get a caller and an easy double stack which you can sit on for at least 3rd place.

3 hands on:
I am in MP and get dealt AQo
There are 3 limpers before me. I raise to T90. (is this too small or too big? I think probably either limp or put in something bigger - but not this!?)
All fold round to the last of the limpers who raises to T150.
I call.
Flop comes: 7h, 9s, Td
He leads for T150
I raise to T300 - I figure I can probably see the turn and river for this agression if he calls. If he reraises I fold.
He calls
Turn comes 4d
he checks
I check
River comes
2d
he checks
I check
He turns over rockets and takes it down.

2 hands later on:
I'm in MP and get QQ.
all fold to the same player who just took me for 500 with AA. he limps.
I go allin right behind him for around T600, figure he will think I am on tilt and trying to bully some of my money back out of him.
Somebody in late position raises it to T900 obviously taking the bait and wanting to keep everyone else out.
All fold to MrPocketRockets who also takes the bait and calls.
flop comes: Kh, Js, 7h
Both players go allin
Turn comes: Tc
River comes: Qc

So I've made my worthless trips and sure enough they turn over A6 and 99.

So did I play ok?
All comments greatfully recieved

Tim