PDA

View Full Version : Was this QQ played correctly...

canoekayak
10-31-2003, 12:15 PM
PStars 1/2 ten folks

Hero is in middle position
dealt [Qh Qs]

EP calls
Hero raises
LP2, LP1, and Button call, BB calls, EP calls

Flop [8s Ah Qc]

check, check, Hero checks, LP2 bets, LP1 calls, Button folds, BB calls, EP calls,
Hero raises, everyone calls.

Turn [9s]

check, check, Hero bets, LP2 calls, LP1 calls, BB raises
EP calls, Hero raises, LP2 folds, LP1 calls, BB caps it, All call.

River [7c]

BB bets, EP folds, Hero Calls, LP1 folds

Any problems with my playing here. Results in a minute or two.

Homer
10-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Preflop - Yup

Flop - Bet out here most of the time. You raised preflop and the board came AQx. Any player with half a brain will realize you flopped a monster, and from what I hear some players actually have half a brain at PStars. Anyhoo, if a player to your immediate left raises, then maybe you can call intending to check-raise the turn. Also, if there's a player to your left who reliably bets when checked to, I'd much rather use him on the turn than on the flop, trapping the remaining players for double-sized bets instead of those puny flop bets.

Turn - Nice three-bet. When BB check-raises you have to be worried about a double-gut turned nut-straight (JT), but nonetheless there's almost enough value in raising even if you were 100% sure that you were behind (3 opponents, 3.6:1 against filling on river), and there's a decent chance you're not.

River - Good. Once BB caps, you're probably not good, but the pot is way to large to even consider folding.

All-in-all, well played. You slowed down at just the right time.

-- Homer

canoekayak
10-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Thought the check raise, might not have been correct. The table was pretty darn loose though. In the end BB showed two pair A and 9's, which made me quite happy.

Todd

Bob T.
10-31-2003, 02:07 PM
Why check the flop? Bet out, and hope you get a chance to three bet, or maybe think about checkraising the turn, if you get raised. Other than that, I think you did fine.