PDA

View Full Version : I thought this might be colllusion, but check out the turn & river

Gomez22
10-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has 9d, 8d and is MP2

Non Blind Posters
CO

UTG folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO checks, Button raises, SB folds, BB calls, EP1 calls, EP2 raises, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button raises, BB calls, EP1 could, EP1 is all-in, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls

Flop(26.5 SB): 6c, 2d, 3c

BB checks, EP2 bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button raises, BB calls, EP2 raises, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button raises, BB calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls

Turn(25.25 BB): 7h

BB checks, EP2 bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls

River(31.25 BB): Tc

BB checks, EP2 bets, MP1 folds, Hero raises, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls, EP2 calls

As far as my thinking goes: I had 3 limpers in front of me in, so I decided to call. When the button raised, I WAS going to reraise myself since there were about 36 of us to the flop(at least it seemed that way), but EP2 beat me to it, so I just called. Then the damn button caps, and 7 us are in the hand. With regards to the flop, there were enough bets there for me to call. I thought the button might raise, but didn't think that EP2 would reraise or that it would be capped on such a ragged flop. If the pot weren't as big as it was, I woulda folded, but I figured with this big a pot, it was worth it to see the turn with a 3-flush and 3-straight. The turn card gave me the open-ender, so I was calling down here just to see if I could nail it, and of course, I did. I thought this might be collusion because of the way the button and EP2 were playing back at each other with 5 other callers, but it could just be my imagination. EP2 said he flopped a straight....... 45o or 45s, then, and I can't see him raising this much PF with that hand. Didn't think he had the "resources" to do that. The button was almost maniacal, so he didn't really concern me that much. Thoughts on this hand? I know I may have misplayed every street except the river, adn I was scared to death of the flush, but this is my story........ enjoy.

P.S. This is the biggest pot I've ever won at .50/1.00.

BigEndian
10-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Paragraphs are your friend /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I would have folded on the flop.

- Groove

Homer
10-31-2003, 12:21 PM
Preflop - Don't call two more cold with 98s. Half the time the button will cap and you'll effectively be calling three cold. I'm guessing with all those players in there if you knew the button wouldn't cap and everybody else would call two cold, then you might have a call, but even then probably not as you're going to be trapped between the two players postflop, and are going to end up paying multiple bets to see the turn on the installment plan.

Flop - I know you're getting immediate odds of 28:1 on a call, which seemingly is enough for your backdoor draws, but remember, the button capped preflop. He will certainly raise the flop, so you're going to be getting more like 16:1, and some of the time EP2 will three-bet and you'll have wasted a bet (since you'll now fold for two more bets). DON'T CALL A SINGLE BET HERE.

Turn - You've come this far, picked up an open-ender on a rainbow, unpaired board and the pot is HUGE. You're not folding this even if it's capped.

River - Good.

-- Homer