PDA

View Full Version : Pair flop, fish are biting, you're the King, what's you action?

Joe Tall
10-31-2003, 01:13 AM
Open Internet Challange Hand .5/1 Party Poker. Hand is early in the session so I have no reads on the players.

I'm UTG+2 w/K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG+1 limps, I raise, MP call cold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, I bet, MP calls, BB check-raises!

What's your action my friends?

My actions soon and the results later.

Peace,
JT

Joe Tall
10-31-2003, 01:26 AM
I'm UTG+2 w/K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG+1 limps, I raise, MP call cold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, I bet, MP calls, BB check-raises!

I 3-BET!, MP folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif (this card scared me)

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, I bet, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, BB called.

Yes, I won, but did I need the river and what did the BB have?

Pats 24, Denver 14,
JoeTall

GuyOnTilt
10-31-2003, 01:38 AM
I would 3-bet the flop. If he capped it, I'd call down. If he just called, I'd bet the whole way, even if an ace came. At this level of fishiness on Party, they will usually check-call the flop and check-raise the turn. Why??? Because they're fish and don't know how to extract the maximum; they just want to feel tricky about having their "slow-play" succeed. It's been a while since I've played .5/1 and 1/2 before today and my OIC experience, but I'm pretty sure it's gotten a whole lot fishier there since I last visited.

Play textbook tight/aggressive and don't worry about your opponents being tricky down that low. 3-bet the flop.

JTG51
10-31-2003, 02:46 AM
3-bet. What's the issue?

Ulysses
10-31-2003, 03:05 AM
I'd often call and raise the turn.

Homer
10-31-2003, 03:11 AM
Why did the T on the turn scare you?

-- Homer

JTG51
10-31-2003, 03:14 AM
Yeah, that's a good choice too and should certainly be used sometimes to balance your overall play. I usually pick the straight ahead route in these games though.

Joe Tall
10-31-2003, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did the T on the turn scare you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I put my opponent on a smaller over pair when he check-raised. 99 or TT.

And that's exactly what he had 99.

Peace,
JT

Joe Tall
10-31-2003, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd often call and raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping someone would suggest this because it went through my head after I dragged it. However, since this was online I think fast play is the usually way I do it.

Thanks,
JT

JDErickson
10-31-2003, 12:08 PM
My first thought was TT or JJ. I see that a lot in low limit where they call BTF and if no overcards hit they bet out on the flop. I would 3 bet the flop and call it down if he capped. If he called the 3 bet, I would bet the turn.

Jim