PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Turn Bet : QJs from EMP

GuyOnTilt
10-31-2003, 12:35 AM
So I'm playing 1/2 on Party this evening on my journey toward turning $50 into $2200. I'm playing 3 tables at once, so I don't have reads on any players 'cause I don't have the brain for efficient multi-tasking. All I know is that this table is the paragon of loose/passive.

UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, I limp with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 2 MP's call, CO calls, Button raises. Blinds both call as does everybody else and we see the flop 8-handed.

Flop comes: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

It's checked to me and I bet. 2 MP's call and the CO raises. Button folds, blinds fold, I 3-bet. Both MP's call and the CO caps. We all call. 4 to the turn for a bazilion BB's.

Turn comes: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

I bet, MP's both fold, the CO raises. I call.

River comes: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

I check, CO bets, I raise, CO 3-bets, I cap, he calls.

How'd I do?

On a side note, when I got done for the day and went to Excel to log in my numbers for the day, I noticed that today's winnings put me over the $15,000 mark, and I'd just like to thank this forum for making it possible. I was a losing player before I came here 3 months ago, and the advice I've received from these boards has proved to be priceless for me. Thanks a ton guys!

TazQ
10-31-2003, 12:44 AM
Wow, WTG on the 15k mark...thats huge!

I think you played it great. I think it's obvious you're behind on the flop, but you picked up a very nice draw on the turn. I think you cracked his pocket aces and got him to pay you off huge with your somewhat hidden flush.

brian0729
10-31-2003, 12:51 AM
I like the play for the most part the only thing Im not sure I totally agree with is the flop 3bet. Are you trapping the players between you and the raiser? I dont think thats it. Are you trying to drive the two MP's out? That I can see a little more. Something else? Not sure about this 3bet with weak top pair and backdoor flush draw although you got a perfect turn and river /images/graemlins/grin.gif