PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods, first time advice

absentx
10-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Okay, off to foxwoods for the first time tommorow night, what should I play? 2-4 hold em or 4-8 hold em. Here are my thoughts, i just dont like the rake killing me at 2-4 but i am pretty sure i would do well. I havent played 4-8 before, but know i can hang, are the players that much better? Also they dont take phone reservations right now, so figure if i get there by 7:00 pm will i at least be on a table by ten o clock?

Homer
10-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Okay, off to foxwoods for the first time tommorow night, what should I play? 2-4 hold em or 4-8 hold em.

I've played both 2/4 and 4/8 at Foxwoods. The players in the 4/8 tend to play a little tighter and more aggressively, that not that much more than the players in the 2/4 game. Both games in general are loose and passive.

Also they dont take phone reservations right now, so figure if i get there by 7:00 pm will i at least be on a table by ten o clock?

Others will be able to answer this better, but from what I gather you'll be waiting at least an hour most of time, as the room is packed due to the closing of the Mohegan Sun room and because the WPT satellites are taking place right now.

-- Homer

Barry
10-30-2003, 10:08 PM
Both of those games are pretty loose, passive types of games, that is unless Joe Tall decides to step down in stakes that night.

If you have the bankroll to play 4/8, by all means do so and the rake claims less a % of each pot.

I never played much at the 5/10 w/kill but Joe and JTG said the players weren't much better at that limit either, but the games tended to be much more aggressive, so your variance would be higher at that limit.

Regarding phone reservations, it been a little while, but I think that you can make them on Fridays, it's only Sat and Sun that they don't take them.

Joe Tall
10-30-2003, 10:21 PM
On Friday you can call in, PM me if you need the number. Give yourself the 45 mins to arrive and 15 mins to park and you should be about 30th on the list when you arrive, seriously. That'll be about an hour max wait after you check in.

Play the 4/8 they are nearly the same game, but it's a hair more aggressive and the rake is the same in the 2/4.

Maybe I'll see you at the tables.

Peace,
JT

Joe Tall
10-30-2003, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that is unless Joe Tall decides to step down in stakes that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, after going to 4 Red Sox playoff games and headed off to California, then Mexico for my brother's wedding in October; my bank roll is a little sort. So I am going to play the 4/8 tomorrow. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ACKSHAWN!,
JT

Joe Tall
10-30-2003, 10:53 PM
The WPF are happening. Fox is going to be a mad house and I'm going to play the 10/20 no matter what.

Good luck getting a table,
JT

JTG51
10-30-2003, 11:30 PM
Regarding phone reservations, it been a little while, but I think that you can make them on Fridays, it's only Sat and Sun that they don't take them.

I thought the new policy was no phoning ahead at all? It doesn't matter though, there is definitely no phoning ahead during for the next 3 weeks while the WPF are there.

JTG51
10-30-2003, 11:33 PM
If you put your name on both the 2-4 and the 4-8 list, you should definitely get a seat by 10 PM. The turnover is generally pretty quick in those games, and there will probably be 6 or 7 of each going, so I'd be surprised if your wait is much more than an hour. It's always a little bit of a crap shoot though (and no, I'm not suggesting you shoot craps while you are waiting. /images/graemlins/smile.gif) There should be lots of big action games for you to watch to keep entertained while you wait.

Mike Gallo
10-30-2003, 11:43 PM
Sit in the $4-$8 game if you have the bankroll.

If you have prepared properly, you should have little problem beating the game.

If you get there at 7, you might get seated quicker than you think. A lot of players take their dinner break then, and Foxwoods has a third man walking policy. You might only have to wait an hour or so.

Post a report.

lil'
10-31-2003, 12:10 AM
You can phone ahead Monday through Friday.

Play the 4-8. Get a nice mound of ugly yellow chips!