PDA

View Full Version : best place to play-advice which games

lindley
10-30-2003, 05:47 PM
hi,first post.i have been crushed at paradise poker.was doing good at party poker.just want advice.i feel i play stud and holdem well.but i guess not well enough looking for specific advice on which sight i should be spending my time at,and which game limt.for a good stud player good holdem player.bankroll not to be considered thanks

lunchmeat
10-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the forums,lindley.

Here are two suggestions.

1) If you're doing well at Party, try out their skins (Empire, Intertops, Multipoker, and Eurobet). The skins are like different doorways into the same cardroom (so you'll still be playing at the Party cardroom) but by visiting each of the skins you'll be able to get a deposit bonus at each one of the skins. The only site with weaker games is Pacific, but there aren't many stud games going there.

2) If you're goal is to have fun and maybe make some money, then the Party skins and Pacific are your best bets. If you're goal is to become a better player, though, try the lower limits on some of the tougher sites (Paradise, Pokerstars, UB). By playing against tougher opposition it becomes easier to grasp and utilize key poker skills. Whereas if you only play Party, your opposition is so unskilled that it becomes harder to learn and implement important poker concepts because your opponents will call to the end no matter what you do.

Hope that helps.

lorinda
10-30-2003, 06:17 PM
From what I remember of you at Paradise, you should do fine at Party. I'm not strong enough at limit to judge for sure, but I suspect you'll be okay all the way up to the top games there.

Lori

Cyndie
10-30-2003, 10:35 PM
If Lindley is your screen name on Party, I haven't seen you in stud three six or ten twenty ...but I would avoid the 1-2 games at Party because of the huge 25 cent ante...and I don't like the 2/4 and 4/8 structure at Paradise ...you are unable to get any protection for your big pairs when the completion is just half a small bet..However, Party 3/6 and 5/10 have a one to three completion and a 40-60 completion that makes it so some players will actually fold to a completion...

Of course, it seems that the fifty cent stud games usually have no ante at all...don't know why they call it stud, but oh well...I used to think that was a good idea...

Stars has the best ring game structure of all for a tight player...their 3/6 games have a 25 cent ante and a 1-3 chip completion...this makes players actually muck before the pot has grown to where it is worth chasing!

Now if they just had more games! They do have the 3 chip to 10 chip completion at their 10-20 game as well...but it doesn't fill that often...and the swings in a strong short ten twenty game can be quite large.

BTW, if Lorinda says you can play at higher limits...and you like stud...the ten twenty game is full of "gamble" but don't tell the holdem players.

Stars does have the only multi-table stud action that I know of...perhaps Paradise will get some going..but then again???