PDA

View Full Version : bush fibs again

Ray Zee
10-30-2003, 02:06 PM
in the paper today they tell of this banner thing that was flown that said something about victory in iraq. when questioned bush said it wasnt his idea. comes out now it was. so he even lies about little things not pertinent to security. tells us whatever he feels is in his best interest at the time. scary.

sorry but it looks like i am starting to be a brad clone without the links

David Steele
10-30-2003, 02:23 PM
If the economy is really rebounding at todays rate W may get
re-elected afterall. Please tell me the economic data is a lie too!!

D.

Utah
10-30-2003, 03:33 PM
That really really ticked me off. A comment like that alone will make me not vote for Bush. If a man will lie on something like this it tells you that he will lie about anything. Why does every president feel a need to lie?

Bush's action was not just a lie - it was an incredibly stupid lie that turned a non-story into a story. No one except the "hate your country" democrats would have faulted Bush for saying, "Yes, it was premature and stupid. We are encountering more resistance than expected and we are dealing with it".

For anyone who missed the big lie - Bush claimed that the Mission Accomplished banner on the aircraft carrier where he landed was the ships idea and it was meant to only convey that the ship completed its mission. Bush seemed to gloss over the fact that the White House brought the frickin banner with them".

of course it is kind of amusing for the democrats to accuse Bush of lying when it didn't seem to bother them when their president was wagging his finger and telling one of the biggest whoppers of all time).

AmericanAirlines
10-30-2003, 04:57 PM
Hi Ray,
Well... he *is* a politician.

Oops... there I go stereotyping again!

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sincerely,
AA

brad
10-30-2003, 07:54 PM
remember when i posted like back in feb about the bush press conference in the warehouse where all the boxes were stamped made in china?

someone?(heh) put up a big giant picture (poster) backdrop of boxes stamped made in usa, and the real boxes in the background were gone over and the made in china was covered up by stickers that said made in usa. which, btw, is a felony (i think, illegal anyway) to change origin of imports like that.

and the whitehouse position when it came out? they said it was all the work of 'an overzealous intern'. yeah right.

p.s. not sure if it was a press conference or a rally but it was about us manufacturing and he might have been speaking to like factory workers or something im not sure.

scalf
10-30-2003, 07:57 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif bush uses "poetic licencse"..learned at yale skull/bones.....lol...ya just don't gittit...lol...when ya gottum by the shorthairs...their hearts and minds will follow.....haven't you learned anything yet??

gl /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bdypdx
10-30-2003, 09:07 PM
"of course it is kind of amusing for the democrats to accuse Bush of lying when it didn't seem to bother them when their president was wagging his finger and telling one of the biggest whoppers of all time)."

Bush's lies have resulted in over 100,000 American troops in Iraq and good, young American men being killed almost daily. Bush's lies need $87 Billion and counting...

The Republican Party spent over $300,000,000 of taxpayer money investigating Bill Clinton and all they could come up with is a blow job.

brad
10-30-2003, 10:03 PM
actually ive heard bush is blocking congressman dan burton's (spelling?) investigation of clinton for criminal stuff like give chinese military secrets and stuff which really wouldnt surprise me.

the way these politicians lie lie lie it really wouldnt surprise me if that whole monica thing was a straw man.

Utah
10-30-2003, 11:33 PM
Oh I am sorry, your making an equivilence argument.

Let me see if I got this right - Bush is a bigger liar than Clinton, so Bush is a scumbag and the Republicans are to blame for Clinton's lies"

Why do Democrats always seem to fail to grasp what Bill Clinton did - either blindness or stupidity or both. His actions stand on their own, regardless of how badly the Republicans acted. He lied point blank to the American People for personal gain, committed a felony at the Grand Jury, and was implementing a strategy to destroy a young woman before she produced the goods on him.

Ray Zee
10-31-2003, 12:11 AM
both cases are totally inexcusable. a president should be taken out of office for lieing. one difference is when caught in a mistake then trying to lie your way out. very bad. but worse is to just lie for no apparent reaon or gain. in one case you can believe most of what you hear in the other every thing is suspect. but you are certainly right. its not about polical party its about ethics.

Mark Heide
10-31-2003, 02:50 AM
Ray,

Not surprized. He's just like his father. Read my lips... /images/graemlins/grin.gif It's the same administration essentially except his son is at the top. I can't wait to vote for a new regime change next year.

Good Luck

Mark

Mark Heide
10-31-2003, 02:53 AM
David,

Just like in poker, short term results are inconclusive. Let's see what the economy looks like in July of 2004.

Good Luck

Mark

adios
10-31-2003, 03:37 AM
Just thought I'd point that out. Again don't know this story, appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

adios
10-31-2003, 03:42 AM
" Please tell me the economic data is a lie too!!"

Seems like you may be pulling for a bad US economy or at least one with lackluster growth. Perhaps not. Pulling for a bad US economy which would certainly result in having people lose their jobs seems Un-American to me. Anyway there are those that make a logical case in my mind claiming that indeed the government fudges economic data, particularly inflation data. I don't agree them but it's possible. They state that artificially low inflation data is reported to keep COLA adjustments paid by the government low, lower than they should be.

adios
10-31-2003, 04:08 AM
"Just like in poker, short term results are inconclusive."

C'mon Mark the US has 8 consecutive qts of economic growth and this is the best one since the recession. In my mind 8 qtrs isn't short term.

"Let's see what the economy looks like in July of 2004."

Here's a proposition. In the next 3 quarters (including the current qtr) it's even money that US GDP growth will be greater than 2% each quarter. Which side would you take?

baggins
10-31-2003, 04:18 AM
every person who has ever held political office has lied in office to the american people. i'd bet my life on it. do you doubt it?

KJS
10-31-2003, 05:18 AM
Didn't Bush invite himself to be held to a higher standard because he trumpeted the "restoring credibility to the White House" rhetoric during the campaign?

He will certainly deserve to have these comments contrasted with his lies when the campaign heats this time around.

KJS

Ray Zee
10-31-2003, 11:45 AM
sure baggins most all will lie as do most people. but it is about lieing over things that destroy credibility. if you cant believe simple things a person says why even listen to them.

David Steele
10-31-2003, 11:51 AM
seems Un-American to me

I am mainly canadian but I think anyone can pull for
short-term US economic failure so that Bush loses next year
for the greater future good of the US and the rest of the world.

D.

Wake up CALL
10-31-2003, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seems Un-American to me

I am mainly canadian but I think anyone can pull for
short-term US economic failure so that Bush loses next year
for the greater future good of the US and the rest of the world.

D.

[/ QUOTE ]

The greater good of the US certainly would not be served if a Liberal Democrat is elected.

ACPlayer
10-31-2003, 12:40 PM
Only true for those who spend their time sniffing gun powder.

Wake up CALL
10-31-2003, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only true for those who spend their time sniffing gun powder.

[/ QUOTE ]

" I love the smell of napalm in the morning!"

snakehead
10-31-2003, 01:56 PM
lying