PDA

View Full Version : Newbie hand for review

Hellrazor
10-30-2003, 01:14 PM
First off, this is my second run on online poker. I'm about 500 hands in and up at about 3 BB/hr on .50/1 paradise. (I know party is probably preferable but the higher variance is disturbing to me as I start out - my main problem is I am afraid I'll creep into tilting by playing worse draw hands due to the number of callers pre-flop...I know it's all discipline - anyway I prefer the software at paradise)

Ok enough about the setup.

.50/1 loose passive game - I'm LP - 1 off the button with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls, fold, fold, MP call, fold, fold, I call (should I raise here?), button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop:
4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

My thougts: I have the nuts currently, but am vulnerable to a flush draw or the board pairing - I have enough ppl in and should fast play.
SB bets, BB raises , MP calls, I re-raise and SB caps - all call.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Still have the nuts and may have completed a lower straight draw for ppl holding a 2 or a 7.
SB bets, BB raises, MP re-raises, I cap.

River:
9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Ok I've locked the nuts, how do I make sure I get full value from these ppl? And what the hell do they have? I'm almost convinced I'll be chopping it with someone at this point.
SB bets, BB looses connection and is considered all-in (hmm...), MP raises, I re-raise and both call.

Anyone want to guess what they held or correct my play?

Thanks in advance

slavic
10-30-2003, 01:24 PM
Nothing to correct here, nice hand. Someone had a set or two pair, possibly a 1 card straight. In general getting as much money in the pot when you have the best hand is the idea.

pufferfish
10-30-2003, 01:32 PM
I’m a little surprised you got that much action at $.50/$1 Paradise. Anyway, you kept the pedal down the whole can’t get any better than that.

I would not have raised pre-flop.

I’ll guess a set or a wheel at the end.

Welcome to the forum.

TC,
pf

Hellrazor
10-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll be posting more when I get home and look at my poker tracker to post them more accurately.

And yes this was the biggest pot I have seen at paradise .50/1

The SB showed 2 2 for 2-6 straight. BB showed 5 5 for a set (I think he knew he was probably beat and disconnected for a shot at the large current pot without having to put any more in..)
MP showed A7o for a 3-7 straight.

Having lots of action is nice, but it also resulted in a KK flopped set of mine beign cracked on the river to an inside straight... and various other bad beats but anyway, at least I know in the long run that action is only good for me.

Mike Gallo
10-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Hellrazor,

I think you played it well on all streets.