PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 home game. How'd I do?

rtucker5
10-30-2003, 11:45 AM
I haven't posted a hand in a while, so here goes. 5 limpers to a tight straightforward player who raises from the cutoff. Folded to me in the BB and I call with J7 suited in spades. Everyone else calls and we go to flop 7 handed.

The flop comes 10 7 6 rainbow with 1 spade. It gets checked to the PFR who bets. I checkraise and it gets folded to a MP player who calls 2 cold. The PFR calls as well. Info on MP. He used to play very loose and passive. He then went through a loose aggressive spell, but is now trying to get better and play good, but will still slip back into his loose passive style every now and then.

The turn comes another 7 and now I like my hand alot better. I bet, MP calls, PFR folds. The river is an ugly 9. I bet and MP calls. Comments on all streets appreciated. Interesting results to follow.

Luke
10-30-2003, 11:55 AM
I'd probably fold J7s out of the blind in that spot. I'd call J9s, think about J8s, but fold J7s. However, perhaps I'm too tight in my blinds.

I like the flop checkraise.

I would likely bet out the turn as long as no overcards fell, so when the 7 hit, betting is a no brainer.

I still bet the river as you will get calls from various holdings. Folding to a raise would have to be seriously considered.

Just my thoughts.

Luke

rtucker5
10-30-2003, 12:01 PM
I wasn't sure what I was going to do on the turn if an overcard fell other than a J. I will generally defend my BB with J7 suited if there are good odds. I felt pretty sure there would be no reraise or fold and that meant my odds were going to be 13-1.

tpir90036
10-30-2003, 12:10 PM
i like the check-raise. everyone was getting correct odds to draw at all sorts of gutshots and other b.s., but now you are making them all face a double bet. plus the PFR is more than likely following up with overcards.

i would have folded J7s....but with that many people in i can see why you stayed...hope your hand was good.