PDA

View Full Version : Online: What Limits start to get 'Tricky'?

warlockjd
10-30-2003, 04:50 AM
As I sit in a poker daze, it occurred to me that there are several levels of 'trickiness' or sophistication of the online play at Party.

For example, you can playing the most basic poker at .50/1. No trickiness required, bet top pair, draw to a 4 flush or straight, or fold,

Online at Party, what level do YOU think deception and 'putting moves' on people comes into play?

I'm having an internal argument and would love to hear the forum's thoughts.

warlockjd
10-30-2003, 05:25 AM
Just found a great post in the Small Stakes section that kindo of addresses this.

If anyone else is curious, it's called the Online Low Limit Poker Trap, I believe

Graham
10-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Here's the thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=388875&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Good job warlock! For a moment I was afraid we were about to have a poker content thread, but you diverted it superbly well. Gotta keep that stuff out of the Zoo. Let the SS deal with it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

RollaJ
10-31-2003, 09:40 AM
Id say the low limit games are the trickiest as it is impossible to put an opponent on a hand, and it is hard to figure what someone may be thinking if they are in fact not thinking

DocHollyday
10-31-2003, 11:32 AM
Good question. Actually I think it really varies from site to site. Sometimes players at my table (I usually play 10/20$), play that I have the feeling sitting on a 1/2$ table.

And when I see them losing all their money and appear shortly after at the 30/60$ table, I'm really tempted to follow (although I can resist). However, there's no clear answer to your question. I would recommend to observe the table a while. You'll see quickly how they play and then you can enter with the right strategy.

Good luck.