PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James Pro Debut - Not Too Shabby

adios
10-30-2003, 02:18 AM
James was disappointed with the result of the game Kings 106 vs. Cavs 92. Cavs didn't rebound well at all in that game. Played too loose on D as well. LeBron had 25 points on 12-20 from the field, 9 assists, 6 rebounds and 4 steals. This may sound crazy but from watching him tonight I think he'll actually play a lot better as he gets more acclamated to NBA play. I certainly think he'll get to the line a lot more as he learns the ins and outs of NBA play. I also think he'll be a bigger factor on the boards and in helping out around the basket on D even though he's playing guard. In the 4th quarter he made a really nice dish off for an apparent assist but got IMO a bogus charging call. He didn't agree with the call. Put his hands on his head, walked the other way, looked over at the ref and half smiled without a word of complaint. Looks like he's got a lot of poise as well.

Sooga
10-30-2003, 03:49 AM
What impressed me the most about LeBron didn't even show up in the stat sheet. There were several instances during the game when LeBron would pull down a rebound, survey the floor, and bring the ball back out and run the offense. 99.9999% of all other rookies (not to mention 18-year old rookies) would have immediately tried to go to the hoop and force something that wasn't there and probably turn the ball over (like Kobe as a rookie). I thought this LeBron thing was all hype, but man, it's looking like he's the real deal.

kg99
10-30-2003, 04:59 AM
I was really impressed when he had a clear dunk but instead chose to pass the ball to his teammate who's trailing behine. He's sure fun to watch.