PDA

View Full Version : This Just In, Dateline Syria.....

HDPM
10-30-2003, 01:11 AM
Hey, the WMD's went to Syria. web page (http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/10290000aaa030d6.upi&Sys=rmmiller&Fid=NATIONAL&Typ e=News&Filter=National%20News)

Ahh, that explains it. Odds on a war w/ Syria? Notice there's no mention of human intelligence, just pictures. Of course, if the estimate has human intelligence components they shouldn't say so. But this release given the timeing smells bad. Not that intelligence estimates can be influenced by the politics.....

Am I sounding too cynical? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MMMMMM
10-30-2003, 03:24 AM
DEBKAfile reported this many months ago, and said the WMD had been buried in the Bekaa valley.

As for Bashar Assad, he just doesn't seem to be really getting the message. Just how much more obvious can we make it that Syria must stop supporting terrorists?

HDPM
10-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Today there was another article saying intelligence assets in Iraq would be shifted from looking for WMD's to hunting terrs. If the wmd's were in Syria months ago, why would the intelligence assets still be looking for them in Iraq and only need to be shifted now? The answer is that the administration doesn't know where the WMDs are and doesn't know where the Iraqi guerilla-terrs are exactly. The first question is difficult to know, the second damn near impossible. But the problem is that the politics and idealogy are shaping the intelligence and the release of info. Normal I guess, but things are beginning to look a lot worse for the administration.

brad
10-30-2003, 07:27 PM
this is where trent lott and his tremendous leadership come into play, in order to implement his plan with bipartisan support.

(and you guys make fun of me cause its documented bush et al belong to yales skull and bones aka order of death, and as adults they go to bohemian grove.)