PDA

View Full Version : Boring hand #1

lil'
10-30-2003, 01:07 AM
After talking with Homer, I decided to post some hands. They might be boring to you, they might not. Who knows!

Party Poker 10/20 (6 handed)
Hero has As, Jd and is UTG

Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(6 SB): 4h, 7c, 8h

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB folds, BB raises, Hero calls

Turn(5 BB): Ac

BB bets, Hero calls

River(7 BB): 7d

BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls

I think I made 1 mistake looking back on this, although it worked out in the end.

tpir90036
10-30-2003, 02:26 AM

ThingDo
10-30-2003, 02:40 AM
I think this hand was played about as perfect as it can be. You raise preflop you "semi-bluff" bet the flop get a raise and you call. Why raise him on the turn and get a hand you want to call... to fold? Save the raise for the river where he will likely call with a hand that you want calling. I think this is perfect maybe I missed something though.

GuyOnTilt
10-30-2003, 04:53 AM
The only reason I can see for raising the turn vs. the river would be if your opponent were semi-bluffing a flush draw or gutshot the whole way. If you don't think that's the case, then I'd wait for the river to raise it, unless you think you can fold to a 3-bet on the turn. In this particular hand, I don't think you can.

GuyOnTilt
10-30-2003, 04:57 AM
I like your play in this hand on every street. I don't really see the mistake that you refer to, but then again I'm not the most pokerest of pokerers.

lil'
10-30-2003, 09:46 AM
You don't think I would have been better off raising the turn? If he was betting a draw he won't call my river raise, but he would call a turn raise.

Like I said, I got my raise in anyway, so it worked out.

lil'
10-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Why raise him on the turn and get a hand you want to call... to fold? Save the raise for the river
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was pretty sure had a lame one pair after the check-raise, since this guy didn't do much flop check-raising.

I didn't pay attention to the two possible flush draws though, and I was wondering if I should have raised the turn.

hockey1
10-30-2003, 09:58 AM
I think you played it well. My question is whether you bet the flop if there are more than just the two opponents.

tpir90036
10-30-2003, 11:29 AM
i would have played the hand the same way he did too. i was just asking if raising the turn is what he thought his mistake was. i was not sure about it either but i was hoping some of you guys would chime in. and you did /images/graemlins/smile.gif maybe i should actually do some work now /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GuyOnTilt
10-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Like you said, the only time I think a turn raise is better than a river raise is if he's betting a draw. In my response to ThingDo in this thread (who also liked your turn/river play), I said that unless your opponent was very apt to semi-bluff better/raising, a river raise was better IMO.