PDA

View Full Version : KT suited #2

Gabe
10-29-2003, 03:15 PM
20/40 game is loose but not overly aggressive.

I’m in early Middle position and limp with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif. The players after me were loose.
One late position player calls. SB completes. BB checks.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

SB, a solid player bets. BB folds. I raise. LP folds. SB calls.

Turn Is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

SB checks. I bet. SB calls.

River is 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

SB checks.

Value bet?

Paul Talbot
10-29-2003, 03:25 PM
I think you can value bet.

I don't see a hand with an A where he doesn't pop you on the turn (two pair or A-high diamond draw).

Likewse you find out before the river if he floped two pair or a set so you are really worried only about KQ and KJ.

Since he's the SB there are a lot more KX possibilities than KQ and KJ and even with KQ and KJ he wont raise you.

He's probably on a diamond draw but even then he folds and you don't have to show your hand which I think is preferable to showing your hand.

Regards,

Paul

hutz
10-29-2003, 06:29 PM
This looks like a pretty good value bet opportunity.

Did you not consider open raising pre-flop?

Gabe
10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you not consider open raising pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I always consider that first.

Depraved
10-29-2003, 07:14 PM
I'd check.

If this guy is really solid, I don't see him calling with a worse hand. Either he had a decent draw which he won't call with, or he had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and will call, or he has a better king. The turn call is especially troubling. You could get paid off, but I doubt it's usually +EV here vs. a good opponent.

ajizzle
10-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Yes. I think most people would bet an A if they hit it on the turn. Besides, most of the reason you would hesitate to bet in last position on the river is the possibility of a check/raise. Unless SB miraculously made 2 pair (which I think he would bet on the river, like he did on the flop), there is NO WAY he will checkraise. This is why a bet on the river is a good play here. I think half of the time you win with no showdown, and the other half, you win an extra bet. It is very unlikely that you are beat here. SB would have bet before if he had a better hand.