PDA

View Full Version : AKo on the Button

nykenny
10-29-2003, 02:12 PM
All folds to me on the button in a 10-20 hold'em 10 handed, I raise with AKo. SB reraises, BB folds, I call.

Flop comes Qxx, SB bets I call.

Turn comes x, SB bets I call.

River comes x, SB bets I call.

should i have done differently? what would you have done on each street?

Kenny

ajizzle
10-29-2003, 02:17 PM
I don't think you can win this hand. At BEST, you chop. Unless you can put SB on AK, I like to fold on turn or river.

nichtgut
10-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Hi Kenny
I would have capped it pre flop. That would probably give you a better read later in the hand.
Besides that, you could very well have the best hand, have him dominated.
If he has a lower PP, your about even to win after the SD.
And you have position.

/Nicht Gut

Aaron Lovi
10-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Capping preflop with what rates to be the best hand, and in position, is easily best. The SB expects you to steal in this spot and may play back at you with a wide variety of hands, so your hand should be best here.

nykenny
10-29-2003, 03:32 PM
well, i lost to pocket 6s. I only want to know if most people will play the same way, or different.

clearly, in the SB's shoe, it is crystal clear that I had AK or AJ or something like that, because i played so poorly. And he had an easy time betting the whole way without any fear, even out of position.

SIGH....

Kenny

Big Dave D
10-29-2003, 08:11 PM
I agree, cap preflop and take the lead. Keep on betting but check if checked to on the river.

gl

dd

nykenny
10-29-2003, 09:01 PM
i tend to agree, with only one question though:

should you always use this strategy? even agsinst fairly weak-tight opponents?

comments are appreciated.

Kenny

brad
10-30-2003, 01:51 AM
basically if you dont cap pre always raise flop

Clarkmeister
10-30-2003, 02:12 AM
Exactly. The whole purpose of not capping preflop is specifically to allow you to represent a made hand of some sort whether or not you hit the flop. Raising the flop in this spot is mandatory.

brad
10-30-2003, 02:14 AM
yes and especially in a live game its so easy to play after that