PDA

View Full Version : What to do when the cards are running too good?

NutCrackerr
10-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Last night I had an amazing rush of cards. AA,QQ,JJ,KAs,KAo 3 times and KK back to back, all within about 15 hands. After the first few hands these strong cards became a problem because I couldn't get any action. If I raised, I'd win the blinds. If I limped, everyone folded. Before I knew it, I was sitting at the table all by myself. Have you guys ever experienced this and how did you handle it? Have you ever mucked premium hands preflop just so you don't get a "hotstreak" image? I know I shouldn't be complaining about the cards running too good, but I was hitting so hard I didn't know how to handle it.

ElSapo
10-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Uh, no, usually what happens to me is I get a few good hands in a row and people start thinking "no way he has it." About the fifth time in a row I get aces, I get unlimited action.

Of course, that's about the time I get sucked out on... but still.

Joe Tall
10-29-2003, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever mucked premium hands preflop just so you don't get a "hotstreak" image?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO WAY! Never fold a premium holding for this reason.

Before long you'll realize that there is no such thing as a 'hot streak' sort of speak; only the image of a 'hot streak'. Don't forget the dealer suffles the deck every time. Try open-raising w/J9s, or other borderline hands to create some action.

Luck is just variance.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

Mike Gallo
10-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Keep raising, someone will lay a bad beat on you dont you worry. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
10-29-2003, 11:28 AM
We all wish we had your problems pal.

seriously, try raising with total crap, 72o preferably, then after they all fold, SHOW. You need to create suspicion again and let them know you're just taking advantage of the fact they think you're on a rush.

Limping with premium hands is really no good tho unless you're so sure they will fold that the deception value outweighs the downside of giving a free card to the BB.

al