PDA

View Full Version : Why the Price Difference?

Festus22
10-29-2003, 10:17 AM
There's a few 2+2 books I'm considering and the price is always cheaper at Amazon than here. For example, TOP currently lists for $23.95 here and $20.96 at Amazon. I don't know how your royalty fees work but wouldn't it make sense to reward your loyal followers with a discount rather than trying to pinch a few more bucks out of them?

HDPM
10-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Hmmmmm..... who is a more "loyal" follower, the one who buys 10 books or the one who buys 100,000? I would expect a better price buying wholesale, wouldn't you?

Mason Malmuth
10-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Hi Festus22:

Two Plus Two Publishing LLC is strictly a wholesaler. It may look like we sell books from this site but we actually don't. All books sold from here are handled by ConJelCo, and they, not us, set the retail price.

Best wishes,
Mason

Festus22
10-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Thanks Mason.

Obviously you have a business to run and its purpose is to make money. But I think this site is pretty unique and had hoped there was something more involved than just dollars and cents.

Zele
10-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Unique, yes.

Beyond dollars and cents? I certainly hope not.

Schmed
10-29-2003, 07:54 PM
when you have a product for sale you often have distributors. Some of these distributors pay for exclusivity. I don't doubt that the people that distribute the books from this site pay more than say Amazon for the right to do so. They probably have something to do with the reason these forums are free.

I don't know why you would think that it should be about more than dollars and cents. I mean we're talking poker here. If you sit at a table with me I am going to do my best to bust you not sit around singing kumbya...(I know I killed the spelling of that).....