PDA

View Full Version : knew it was coming, or extremely lucky?

jaydoggie
10-29-2003, 09:58 AM
tonite I was playing in a $10+1 SNG. I realize that if there were cheaters they would most likely be playing in the big money games, not tournaments which makes me hesistant to even post this, but I guess it never hurts to ask.

Ive seen alot of suckouts, Ive seen alot of outdraws. I usaully brush it off, or laugh at foolishness however this one rubbed me the wrong way, perhaps it was a stupid yet lucky play.

Heres the hand.

Blinds 50/100 NL

SB has 885.
UTG has 1920
I have 1620.

UTG raises from 100 to 200.
I have 99. I raise from 200 to 500.
folds all the way back to SB who raises from 500 to 885 allin.

UTG folds. I call.
He shows 37o

board ends up looking like this
[3h 3s 7c 6c Kh]

after the flop he said "how lucky is that"
proceeded by "lol"

if he were cheating, he probably wouldnt be short stacked to begin with.

Stagemusic
10-29-2003, 10:22 AM
First, how did he finish?
Second, any other hands look fishy?

The answers to those questions will probably give you the information you need to relax and let this one go by. Obviously a terrible play pre flop on his part. But I can relate. On my 2nd hand ever on another site, I am holding AA and was beaten by a 8-5o who called 3 freaking raises before getting his card (5) to complete the two pair. Happens to us all but yours is pretty bad with the all in. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ohkanada
10-29-2003, 11:17 AM
I am rarely amazed at bad play. In the fishes mind he figured you might fold to the re-raise.

On to the next hand.

Ken Poklitar

Copernicus
10-29-2003, 12:03 PM
How could he be cheating? There is no way to know the cards in advance the way sites deal cards now.