PDA

View Full Version : Infinite realities

09-27-2001, 02:05 PM
Probably my English isn’t going to be entirely sufficient for what I’m going to write, so please excuse me for that.

The reason for writing this post came from reading this single, beautiful sentence:

“If what is is, whether or not we look, then what is is an infinitely multi-dimensional space in which every quantum event spawns a separate reality.”

It gave me the feeling of looking at the stars. The endless complexity in all it’s simplicity.

For those of you who aren’t attracted by the quote, I advise you to stop reading, because what is going to follow will never be able to touch that single sentence.

The infinitely multi-dimensional space. It gave me the feeling when first reading Nietzsche. The Dionysian space. A flow of endless creation and destruction. Never changing, always moving.

Quantum Mechanics refutes the idea of an independent, isolated observer. We are not seperated from, but part of reality. Our presence will have a direct impact on reality, since our presence will force a system in one state.

But what if we know nothing about a system? If we are deaf, dumb and blind? If we do not interfere with a certain system?

Then that system is in superposition. It’s a superposition of all posibilities. We don’t know which posibility it will be, only when we interfere, we become part of reality and will force the endless posibilities in one state. Before that, the entire space is still virginal, untouched. It’s endless, infinite, multidimensional.

Determinism has no place in this. Pronouncements about the future only have a statistical nature, we can only say something about the probability the pronouncement will be true. We can’t be sure about the rest until we have taken part.

So what we have is an infinitely, multi-dimensional space. A multi-dimensional space with infinite possibilities. Our reality is the reality we forced this multi-dimensional space in. This is a probabilistic reality. Does that mean that there are different realities, infinite realities?

In one way, yes, everytime a situation presents itself in it’s superposition, the actual outcome could be different. For infinite situations, there would be infinite outcomes, infinite realities. However, the underlying situation, the superposition of possibilities never changes. The way we perceive them changes, not the fundaments. The infinite, multi-dimensional space never changes, it’s the quantum events that spawn the separate realities.

Never changing, always moving.

Regards