PDA

View Full Version : another boring "blind stealing attempt gone horribly wrong" post

34TheTruth34
10-29-2003, 01:35 AM
average 10/20 game, not too loose and not too tight. 4 or 5 way action is the norm. On this particular hand, I was in the cutoff, and it was folded around to me. My hand was two black fours. The players behind me were:

button--tight, solid player. I figured he might 3-bet me if he had a legitimate hand, but most likely he would fold to my raise.

small blind--unknown player, he's only been at the table for an orbit or two.

big blind-- loose, weak player. He's almost 100% certain to call my raise, but is not tricky at all. He plays straightforward and is pretty easy to read. He will check-fold the flop if he misses, and will bet out if he hits.

Considering all of the players, I chose to raise. As predicted, the button folded and the BB called. The unknown player in the small blind thought for a second and called.

Flop 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif-5/images/graemlins/heart.gif-5/images/graemlins/club.gif

Should I like this flop? It seemed harmless, but it also seemed like there was no way I could make any money after the flop if my hand was good. But I guess I was OK with it, because I just wanted them to fold anyway.

They checked, I bet, SB called, BB folded.

Turn A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets out, now what? Fold, call, raise and how close?

Results later.

Diplomat
10-29-2003, 01:49 AM
Given that the small blind not the big blind called your raise pre-flop, given that you know nothing about him, given that you have an underpair to the smallest card on the board, given that an only draw on the board is a flushdraw (or a gutshot straight draw, I guess), given that he called your bet on the flop which probably means something, given that he bets into a pre-flop raiser that has shown aggression to this point, I'd fold. I don't think it is close. Pretty much the only hand you beat is a stone-cold bluff.

-Diplomat