PDA

View Full Version : Bad beat worth my entry fee.

PokerholicAnonymous
10-29-2003, 01:21 AM
This was great. I was in 4th on single table s&g. Top 3 paid. Dealt (9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) on big blind. UTG folds, button calls, SB folds. Flop is (9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif). Been a bad beat day, so I decide to check and call, and watch for the flush (though I'd still call then, given my low chip stack). Sure enough, button bets 200, I call. Turn is (6 /images/graemlins/club.gif). Don't care 'bout no flush now, I got my boat. Still, guy on button is aggressive. I check. He bets 200, I raise all-in, he calls with (9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif). My boat is bigger! Until the river is the (6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif), of course. Busted to quads. No one mis-played (I don't think I did...He'd have called my all-in with top two pair on flop, he easily out-chipped me), and I lost to the 2 outs-both needed runner runner. Punched it in www.twodimes.net (http://www.twodimes.net) and found I was a 990-1 favorite after flop. This bad beat was worth my $5.50 entry fee simply because, odds-wise, I don't think there can be a worse one. So what I'm wonderin', all you math-whizzes, is is there any hand that can be a greater than 990-1 favorite after flop and yet not be a sure thing?

Nottom
10-29-2003, 02:03 AM
nope, perfect-perfect is as bad as it gets although some perfect-perfects are certainly worse beats that other (like losing with quads to a runner runner straight flush)

chesspain
10-29-2003, 08:59 AM
I don't know if there is a program to figure the following, but I was playing 1/2 Draw Poker on Paradise (not Jacks or better), and I was dealt:

I bet, three folded, one called. I tossed the 9, to make it look like I was drawing to two-pair. I can't remember if he drew two or three; I don't think I was really paying attention at that moment, not that it would matter. I then bet, my opponent raised, I reraised, and he capped. He shows me:

AAAA5 !!!!!!!!!

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If this were a live game I would have assumed that I had been swindled. But I can't be that paranoid about online deals /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nottom
10-29-2003, 06:26 PM
That always sucks. I stopped playing the paradise draw game after in about 30 min I lost with 2 pat full houses, a pat flush, and a set that filled up ... all to people who drew 3. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

crockpot
10-30-2003, 04:06 AM
nope, although you can concoct some fun situations in 7-stud where you need to catch perfect-perfect-perfect, which is more than 40 times less likely.

Wayne
10-30-2003, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That always sucks. I stopped playing the paradise draw game after in about 30 min I lost with 2 pat full houses, a pat flush, and a set that filled up ... all to people who drew 3. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's time to leave the table when someone with a set draws three cards /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chesspain
10-30-2003, 09:46 PM
LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif