PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at 30-60

DLM
10-28-2003, 11:55 PM
Memory is a bit hazy on this one. AA in the big blind. Pre-flop, the UTG raises, late pos. re-raises, Hero 4 bet-caps in BB. Flop comes something like 973. Hero bets, UTG raises, late pos. 3 bets. What should Hero do? For what reason?
Turn comes 7. What is his move now?

ajizzle
10-29-2003, 12:20 AM
I think you need to cap the flop. This is the exact same action as PF, and there is nothing on the board that indicates that you are behind.

When the second 7 comes on the turn, I still like to bet, but if it is raised (or maybe even raised and re-raised) when it comes back to you, I like to just call. If the river comes a blank, then I suggest the same play as the turn. If the river comes another 9 or 3, I MIGHT consider folding (i would probably still call). If the river comes another 7, I ram and jam.

mike l.
10-29-2003, 03:22 AM
i was waiting for the part where there's trouble. maybe it comes when i a king or queen falls on the river. or when someone turns over 99 at the end?

oh well, thems the breaks, you need to raise and reraise, there's no reason in the world to think that a board 0f 9-7-x, 7 has you in any trouble w/ 2 other preflop raisers in a 30-60 game. more often than not they have worse overpairs and theyre givng tons of action to your Aces.

Piers
10-29-2003, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the river comes another 9 or 3, I MIGHT consider folding

[/ QUOTE ]

You have got it backwords. A nine is the best card you can get, as it greatly decreases the chance that you are up against 99.

It is a K,Q,J or T that might encouage me to slow down.