PDA

View Full Version : A Moratorium on Gun Posts

Lebronomania
10-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Um, is it just my imagination, or is every thread on this forum denigrating into an argument 'bout gun control? How 'bout lets stay on topic, like whether stealing is right or wrong? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JayCo
10-28-2003, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep your guns! Keep your freedoms! Keep your rights!

I second the motion. And remember, without the first of these three statements, the second two might become impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right! How can we keep online poker legal without guns?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing how one smart-ass tongue-firmly-in-cheek crack starts a flame war. (Heh, he said "firmly in cheek crack").

But to answer your original question, it may just be your imagination. There are threads that have denigrated, nay I say that they have even degenerated, into even more cutting edge irrelevant topics like which of Daryn's corn-chip eating photos is the most attractive, whether Cyndie's ADD medication is working, and why George Steinbrenner is the bane of all existence. OK there aren't threads on all these, but there obviously should be.

Having said that, clearly the gun control debate and the morality of scamming corporations is quite off-topic (and belongs in the Small Stakes forum).

J

Lebronomania
10-28-2003, 03:11 PM
I'll give this forum some credit. Another message board that I was a frequent poster on, for hiking / backpacking, rarely even began on a relevant topic. And if it did start on a relevant topic, by 5 or 6 posts, it had veered hopelessly off topic. Must be that no one really likes to TALK 'bout hiking. However, alotta people seem to like to discuss poker.

tiltboy
10-28-2003, 04:21 PM
It was just your imagination. Running away with you.