PDA

View Full Version : Good trapping or mistake?

JAque
10-28-2003, 01:48 PM
5-10 Hold'em online

EP called

3 of the Button, I called with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Button and 2 blinds called

Flop

Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, EP calls, I raise, BP calls, SB folds, BB 3 bets EP folds, I called (should I cap it? I tend to play slow on the flop to trap on the turn)

turn 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets "I called" thinking to get an extra bet from the BP (Mistake ???)

BP raises, BB calls I 3 bet

river 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I bet (should I have been scare of 2 pairs or trips for a full house??)

BP and BB called, I win

Any comments? I really like feedback on letting people cheap on the turn with the nuts and risking losing the pot to a miracle on the river (like 2 pairs making a full house).

thanks

JAque

reckdaman
10-28-2003, 02:49 PM
BB checks, I bet (should I have been scare of 2 pairs or trips for a full house??)

No way in hell you dont bet this. Sure you no longer have the nuts, but you have to bet.

I personally would have raised the turn after the BB bet. People online like to chase , and odds are BP is cold calling with a high heart, or another 2nd best hand. I think you got lucky when BP raised the turn after you just called.

Also if BP had just called, what do you do on the river when BB bets into you again?

-Reck