PDA

View Full Version : Quiz: Paradise - $1/$2 - Suited Flop

09-24-2001, 09:40 AM
You are in the CutOff w/ KcKs - there is 2 middle/late limpers to you - you raise - the button calls - the blinds folds - the limpers call. 4 players see the FLOP:

[ 3s 8s Js ]

It's checked to you - you bet - the button folds - the limpers call. 3 players see the TURN:

[ 3s 8s Js 6s ]

It's checked to you.

What is your play ? Any comments appreciated !

09-24-2001, 12:40 PM
I would check the turn to induce a bluff or to induce someone with a spade to think they have the best hand and then bet or raise the river. The ace of spades is probably not out because most players would raise from middle or late position with an ace hand.

09-24-2001, 04:50 PM
This is a good time to slow play. It is unlikely that anyone has you beat and it will be very difficult for someone to run you down. By checking, you will get "curiosity" calls at the river.

09-24-2001, 10:37 PM
check the turn for 3 reasons. you will know get calls if it is checked to you on river. if may induce someone to bluff the river. on the outside chance the ace is out you only lose one bet on the river, as opposed to 3 if you bet the turn and get checked raised. if he is a tricky player it will be hard to lay down. i would not raise on the river becuase you may not get called unless you are beat by the ace.

09-26-2001, 12:57 AM
I think I respectfully disagree. I think you are all giving the low limit players at Paradise way too much credit... If any of them had the nuts, its unlikely they would have a check raise waiting for you... I haven't seen that type of play there. Your best bet is to put money in the pot... if you get raised, you know you are beaten... Sure, its possible that they will call to the river and bet there... but that still only costs you one bet... and its likely a strong but losing flush will stay in. Few players I've seen on Paradise would do anything but come out gunning with the nuts...

Its a case of needing to remember past play of your opponents.

09-26-2001, 08:04 AM
actually my mind set was for 15-30 and above because thats what i normally play. you may be right for $1-$2 limit maybe nobody checkraises. i have not played that limit so i don't know

09-26-2001, 06:36 PM