PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to screen out all posts with XYZ or XYZey as a subject

Ted Geisel
10-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Is there some setting that can be used to screen out all posts which use Stu or Stuey in the Subject ? Just a personal preference, but there are much more interesting things to read/discuss than what everyone today things of a guy who most of the posters never knew, who died short stacked in a sleazy motel, but who, paradoxically perhaps, may have been the best in the world at something.

What next, an appearance on Larry King for Ryan21 ? ("You never knew The Kid, Ryan21, but tell us what it was like reading asbout him while you were growing up.)

The matter has been, with apologies to Bob Crane, beaten to death.

Hey, why not get into the poker wisdom of Vince Van Patten or Ben Affleck ?

David Steele
10-28-2003, 11:47 AM
Most of us have this capability with our brain, and don't need to start a new thread to ask how.

Ryan is doing an excellent job arguing his position whether one agrees with him or not.

D.

daryn
10-28-2003, 12:12 PM
great post david

CrackerZack
10-28-2003, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ryan is doing an excellent job arguing his position whether one agrees with him or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

If contradicting yourself in separate statement is an excellent job of arguing his position, then I completely agree.

Then again, it works for everyone else, so why shouldn't it work for Ryan too. "Read my lips, no new taxes!"

Ted Geisel
10-28-2003, 02:48 PM
"Most of us have this capability with our brain, and don't need to start a new thread to ask how."

Sorry, David, but where is this common brain shared among your group.

My post subject line was facetious, but, even if it were not .... ever hear of spam filters, call screening, or other wonderful devices available to reserve your brain for more interesting pursuits ?

Clearly the endless "Stuey this, Stuey that" posts draw attention, it is just that they fill pages, literally, everytime someone lines up to beat that dead nag one more time.

Whatever Ryan's position ... the horse is not going to get up and run and there is a limit to useful post-mortems, especially from a complete stranger to the subject.

Ted "Sorry, he's still dead" Geisel

Schmed
10-28-2003, 05:05 PM
and I'm sure I have read more but I saw that DS quote and everytime I get that AKs as I am following humanities law I get a lil laugh /images/graemlins/grin.gif

arod4276
10-28-2003, 05:46 PM
very very good post david. arod4276