PDA

View Full Version : Anybody who doesn't cap this riv?

point dexter?
10-28-2003, 05:16 AM
New poster, but I've followed and enjoyed the site for awhile. Following hand occured on a full pp $2/4 during one of the infrequent periods that it was actually operational yesterday. I don't know any of the players and I've only seen one hand.

I'm in charge of the sb for the hand in question and the weapon dealt me is the mighty Q /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 4 limpers to me and I raise. BB folds and all others call. 5 of us to the flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hmmmm. Well I like my hand and I like the draws out there that are gonna be paying me off. I know HFAP says check but I decide to bet in my exuberance.
What do you think of this play? At a higher limit I would absolutley check, but at 2/4 few are folding to a raise here from the preflop raiser. I figure I'll bet the turn and expect to be reraised if someone makes their straight or flush. At least this way I won't watch my quads get checked around on both streets... Anyway, back to the action.
So I bet out on the flop and everyone calls. Turn comes the beautiful T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I'm thinking that this had to hit someone. I bet out expecting to be raised. Everyone calls but the button who gives me my raise. I smooth call hoping to keep some of my other fish on the line. One folds and the other call.
Four of us to the river: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. What to do what to do... I bet out for the sake of consistency and in case the button raiser checks for fear of a fh. Two fold (wonder what they had?), one calls and the button raises. Anybody suspicious at this point? Can you put him on hand? Anybody in favor of smooth calling? I'm thinking maybe button has tt and MP is cautiously playing a flush. I pop it back and MP guy folds. Button reraises and I cry call. He turns over 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the monster sf.

Comments on all streets please.

ThingDo
10-28-2003, 05:49 AM
If you don't cap this river then I'm curious as to what you WILL cap the river with. I would cap this river 100% of the time. The only reason NOT to cap would be because of the MP player that you want to suck in for multiple bets. When you cap this river you should expect to win every time.

JasonM
10-28-2003, 02:53 PM