PDA

View Full Version : Big Pairs with many callers.

09-22-2001, 12:47 PM
Hi All.

Let say your at the button with pocket aces, the game is lp. Preflop - 4 callers before the action gets to you, what do you do in this position?? Call or raise?? You really want to knock people out, but a raise probably won't work, since they have already called one bet.

Any help appreciated,

Daniel

09-22-2001, 03:35 PM
It should always be correct to raise and reraise with AA before the flop. You're hand will hold up less often with more callers but still want to get as much money into the pot as soon as possible with AA.

09-22-2001, 06:02 PM
AK is a hand that likes to knock people out preflop. AA doesn't really mind much (unless you are the sort of preson who goes on tilt when they lose with AA).

09-22-2001, 06:04 PM
while you might limp occasionally (very seldom) this is not because you are worried about your hand holding up, but only to vary your play. If you are not willing to raise here because you are worried about your hand holding up then you are probably better off playing craps.:-)

Pat

09-22-2001, 07:30 PM
Your raise in this spot now becomes a value raise and allows you to take a little better control of the hand. Also you still may knock out one or two of the blinds which accomplishes the objective of thinning the field. Aces are the best hand by far and you want to get lots of money in the pot.

09-29-2001, 03:05 AM
raise every single time in this spot! you like this situation very much! put more money in the pot. i would hope the blinds would fold because id rather play against less people but i don't really care either way. i'll gamble in this spot. i'm just a reckless gambler! LOL