PDA

View Full Version : Money I couldn't keep.

slavic
10-27-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm uncertain what to do in this situation.

10/20 B&M

I'm EP with KQo, I limp, MP raises, folds to Button who calls at all times at all amounts, BB completes and I call. Obviously KQo sucks for me here but oh well.

Flop: Q x x two hearts.

checks to me I bet, MP calls, button calls, BB folds.

Turn: K no flush

I bet, MP raises, button calls 2, I reraise, MP calls, Button calls.

River: rag no flush

Bet, call, fold

top two is good. I think we can all see that MP has AK or a poorly played AA. Either way he's mad and throws his last 3 red checks into my stack and say "you might as well take these too!" and leaves the room.

It took a while for me to count up how much he sprayed my stacks with, but I finally nailed it down. I was at a delima, I didn't win the money. All the players at the table acted like nothing abnormal had happened and of course the dealer just moved on. After thinking about it a bit, I simply gave the dealer(he's a hard working solid dealer) a $15 toke and was done with it.

I couldn't keep it, I don't know why but I just couldn't.

Mike
10-27-2003, 07:13 PM
A level of emotional maturity to be proud of and rarely seen!

squiffy
10-27-2003, 07:26 PM
You are truly a class act, I mean ass crack, I mean -- You did good. You turned a negative act into a positive act. You beat a sword into a plowshare. The picture you use still sucks, but I have a new-found respect for you. Way to go.

Seriously. The dealer is the hardest working, least appreciated person at the table and generally takes a lot of unnecessary abuse. Good for you!!!

I was just playing at a wild table over lunch. And one dealer, who is really a nice guy won a medium sized pot at a one-two game. He tipped the other dealer about $7.

Really great to see people doing something nice for others once in a while.

davidross
10-27-2003, 08:54 PM
I think that was a classy decision. It wasn't enough to buy a round of drinks so good for you.

Losing all
10-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Good call, and I think I'd do the same thing. Unless I was mad enough to through it back in the guys face, but that's another story.

What if, it were 3 purple chips? that dealer would be sad

daryn
10-28-2003, 01:32 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
You beat a sword into a plowshare.

[/ QUOTE ]

enough magic: the gathering please!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cigwin
10-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Good move, class act. Is this truly your character or do you only share the good stories? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

slavic
10-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Is this truly your character

Hmm good question. I would hope so, I strive for it, but who knows for sure? After all I'll checkraise my grandmother.

Joe Tall
10-29-2003, 09:36 AM
slav,

I don't like the EP open-limp.

Other than that, nice decision.

Peace,
JT

Gildersneeze
10-29-2003, 05:38 PM
As someone who used to work for tips, hey, nice job, man. Always nice to see someone do something kind for someone else, and when you're dealing with employees depending on a tipshare (good employees only, bad/slacker employees deserve the crap they get), that was probably the kindest thing you could do in that situation.

Here's hoping what goes around comes around to you at the table, man.

ChipWrecked
10-30-2003, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You beat a sword into a plowshare

[/ QUOTE ] enough magic: the gathering please!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Never played it. But I have read the Bible.

I'll be praying for you, ya heathen /images/graemlins/wink.gif

daryn
10-30-2003, 05:27 PM
i've been meaning to read it.. i will some day