PDA

View Full Version : Thursday at the B & M

NoChance
10-27-2003, 12:13 PM
So I am at the local B&M on Thursday night and this gentleman sits down to my right. He buys in for $50 and starts playing. I’ve seen him there a few times before so I know he is a regular. He likes to play any ace and seems to play almost any two facecards from any position. Sometimes he wins his fair share of hands by calling down to the river but quite often he is second best and always getting out-kicked. About 45 minutes later he is rebuying for the second time.

Then he picks up his cell phone. I don’t mean to listen in but I can’t help but hear everything he is saying. This is what I hear:

“Where’s your mother?”

“Shopping?”

“Where did she go?”

“I’ll call her on her cell. See you later tonight.”

He then mumbles something and hangs up. At this point I think he is angry. He dials another number. He doesn’t even say, “Hi”.

“Where are you?”

“You better not be spending money we don’t have!”

“I don’t care. We don’t have money for you to be out shopping!”

“Go home! I’ll be home in about 5 hours. There is a tournament I am going to play in.”

I’m sitting next to this guy listening to this and almost burst out laughing. This guy just gambled away about $150, is about to play in a $45 + $10 ($45 rebuy) tournament in a half hour, and he’s telling his wife not to be spending money they don’t have?

Classic

tiltboy
10-27-2003, 12:30 PM
We have a section in our local newspaper called 'Sound Off' for both the front page news and the sports section. They usually print about 20 phoned-in comments from readers in each of these sections each day. The stupidity relayed in your post reminds me of the typical level of intelligence and hypocrisy exhibited in Sound Off. It makes you want to both laugh at and cry for the human race.