PDA

View Full Version : Was this call justified?

DocHollyday
10-27-2003, 06:04 AM
Hi guys,

Yesterday, 10-20 online I was dealt 44 in the cutoff (it's a 9 handed table).

Two limpers to me, I call, the button and the SB calls. BB raises (this pisses me off a little because I wanted to go in the tank cheaply). However, we all call for a six handed game.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Pretty much rags. SB checks, BB bets, the two players before me call and there's 150$ in the pot. I think for a moment and call. The Button deceides to raise and we all call.

Turn: The 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif hits the board (yeah baby)

all check and so do I. Button bets, all call and I raise. Apart from two players all call again.

River: The case 4 falls (I nearly can't believe this).

All check, I bet and get two callers. I take down a 470$ pot.

However, I just want to ask, how you guys see it. Was my call justified? I know 15/1 is barely enough odds to go for an 2-outer. My thinking was, that the flop was very unscary and in case I hit the 4, my hand was winning (35 very unlikely holding). Furthermore I justified it with the implied odds plus my pretty good position.

What do you think about my play?

SoBeDude
10-27-2003, 09:36 AM
15-1 pot odds to hit a 22-1 shot on the flop.

The board is rainbow and very uncoordinated which improves the chance that if you hit, you're hand will hold up. On the downside, that board didn't hit many people and you're probably not going to get many customers to pay you off if you do hit.

The other downside is you're not in a good spot to make others give you money if you do hit. PF raiser is to your immediate right, so if he bets and you raise, you'll often push out the others who you want to give you their money. If you just call you're not maximising your profit when you do hit.

I'd probably peel one here (and only one!) 20% of the time. the rest I'm folding.

-Scott

slavic
10-27-2003, 03:01 PM
The first call on the flop is close for me, it's almost one of those deosn't matter plays. 15 or 16 to 1 and I can probably make the 3 big bets up unless it's one fo those games were everyone goes into their shells on the turn.